Core Ultra 9 285K Is Reportedly Intel’s Next Flagship Desktop CPU

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Intel's upcoming generation of "Arrow Lake" CPUs will reportedly be sold under the Core Ultra 200 branding and launch with at least six SKUs, including the flagship Core Ultra 9 285K, a successor to today's Core i9-14900K, according to new rumors that leaker @OneRaichu tweeted today.

See full article...

New Core ultra cpu's with no hyperthreading, and NPU's on the die as well. Fewer threads for better performance? I dunno how they are going to spin this.

Though I'll keep my eye on this I think I'm done with getting their flagship CPU's. The modest gains in gaming are minimal.

TDP: If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
May or may not be the case this time around. Intel has been improving their fabs as well as their voltage regulation outside of their desktop parts since the release of the 12th/13th/14th-gen.

If they are sticking with the core ultra designation perhaps that means they are sticking with and refining their chiplet designs. This might be the first desktop chiplet processor from Intel.

I'm glad the bullshit naming convention has been changed. Everything after the 9000 series had a retarded name.

Become a Patron!
Back