CORSAIR 4000D Tempered Glass Case Review

LeRoy_Blanchard

Skillz
Staff member
top_banner_4000d.jpg

Introduction

On the test bench today, we have a brand new case design by CORSAIR. The 4000D Tempered Glass (CC-9011198-WW) case is part of a new case line up from CORSAIR. There are three cases in this new line up that include two other cases. The iCUE 4000X RGB Tempered Glass (CC-9011204-WW) and the...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just put together a build with a Rosewill Cullinan V500, and thought - **** this looks familiar.

The two cases are nearly identical. Apart from the Corsair logo on the front I would swear I was looking at a review of the case I just put together. Some slight differences in the front ports and it has all glass sides, but that is about it.

My biggest question was - why is there tons of empty space up next to the motherboard, but everything down in the PSU compartment is cramped to all heck and back. The case I had only had 2 3.5” HDD bays, crammed in with the PSU, but there was all that empty space up above.

Great review - I can totally relate to this one. Assuming the manufacture is more or less the same as the Rosewill (and I have no reason to doubt it is), Leroy nailed this review spot on.

Im only shocked that there isn’t a higher Corsair markup. It’s fairly reasonably priced

Last edited:
My biggest question was - why is there tons of empty space up next to the motherboard, but everything down in the PSU compartment is cramped to all heck and back. The case I had only had 2 3.5” HDD bays, crammed in with the PSU, but there was all that empty space up above.

I found myself in a similar situation where I wanted to build myself a TrueNAS tower unit, and a lot of the newer cases only came with 2 3.5" bays, sometimes 4 but that was it. My guess is with the transition to SSDs and NVMe drives, spinners are low on the pecking order as far as space consumption is concerned..

Great review @LeRoy_Blanchard

Loved the in depth description of the interior and the review made me seriously consider the case for a quiet cool solution!!!!

I was surprised when I seen you were doing the interior temp test. I didn't see that coming!!!!!!!!

Good job brother!!!!! (y) (y) (y)

Dang, and just seen this:

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/corsair-4000d-pc-chassis-review,1.html

Frigging Guru3D just released a review on the same case.

Was hoping we were exclusive for today and a couple of more days. LOL

Last edited:
I just put together a build with a Rosewill Cullinan V500, and thought - **** this looks familiar.

They really do look very similar.

I found myself in a similar situation where I wanted to build myself a TrueNAS tower unit, and a lot of the newer cases only came with 2 3.5" bays, sometimes 4 but that was it. My guess is with the transition to SSDs and NVMe drives, spinners are low on the pecking order as far as space consumption is concerned..

I use a Fractal Design Refine R5 for my NAS setup. Its got placements for 8x 3.5" drives and all of mine are fully filled. I even bought, have to look for it later if interested, a 5.25" to 3.5" hdd adapter setup to turn the two 5.25" bays into 3.5" slots. I believe it added 3 more.

Good first review Leroy! (y) At $80 this is a very attractive case. :cool:

I'd suggest fixing the barrel distortion in the photos for the next review (either in post or using longer focal length). I'm nitpicking, I know, but it was really distracting to me.

Nice review. This looks like a lot of cases I have been seeing a lot of lately.

Thanks for the review. I have been considering the Airflow version of this case for an upcoming build for a friend+client, so this review helps me a ton.

I feel the same way about USB ports on a case. I don't mind the Type-C port being there, but not at the expense of Type-A ports. I don't own any pure Type-C cables myself. I have several cables that are Type-C on one end and Type-A on the other. Also I know this is an $80 case, but surely that doesn't mean we have to have only 2 USB ports instead of 4.

I tend to prefer when midtower cases without 5.25" drive bays allow you to put 3x 140mm fans in the front.

Another ****ing case without an HDD activity light. Nice cable management features though. Wish there was some decent room at the top of the case for a radiator with fans without motherboard overlap. I take it the metal shroud separating the PSU/HDD compartment from the rest of the case is non-removable? I've worked with some cases where it is removable, and that can be pretty handy at times. Otherwise, seems to be a pretty dang good case for the price.

Well, I went off the deep end and have officially gone totally bonkers. I'm excited though.

I ordered one of these:

1657888297856-png.1759

because it can easily fit 2x 360mm radiators with an option to move up to 420mm if I choose to down the road.

1657888418836.png

because I went ahead and got this:

1657888610763.png

I know all the rumors about the 40 series and who knows, maybe they'll be true. Maybe the next 4090 Ti will be 30-50% more powerful. Maybe they'll cost less than $1K too. Maybe NVIDIA will launch them in the next 30-90 days. Maybe there won't be an earthquake, tsunami, some guy tripping on a power cord, a new war, pandemic, or unforeseen manufacturing delay but with that many maybes and the prospect of finally having my rig totally liquid cooled(albeit sans custom loop or full GPU block) plus finally escaping the enormous HAFs, and looking snazzy to boot, I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't updated my sig yet but I did get a 2TB m.2 during Prime day so I'll be ditching the 2.5" SSDs in the rig and just have drives on the motherboard.

Attachments

• 1657888297856.png
    1657888297856.png
    353.8 KB · Views: 22
I use the 4000D in my back up PC and though it can be a bit cramped, it's a good air flow case for sure. Running a couple of Noctua 140mm fans in the front as intake definitely helps.

Become a Patron!
Back