Corsair Acquires Premium Console Gaming Controller Maker SCUF Gaming

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Corsair is dipping its hands into the console controller business. The PC peripheral giant has purchased SCUF Gaming, a primary go-to for PlayStation and Xbox gamers who seek high-quality, modular gamepads with back paddles and various customization options (e.g., swappable thumbsticks, hair triggers). SCUF will "remain a separate brand," but maybe it'll begin making controllers designed specifically for the PC.

“We are thrilled to greatly expand our portfolio of industry-leading peripherals and enter the gaming controller space to help gamers play at their best,” said Andy Paul, Founder and CEO of CORSAIR. “SCUF leads the market for performance controllers and are a key ingredient to the success of countless esports professionals. SCUF will make an excellent and winning addition to the vast lineup of award-winning CORSAIR and Elgato products.”

Huh, I'm actually not familiar with SCUF Gaming or their products.

Reactions: _k_
I've seen reviews of their controllers, iirc they produce the closest equivalent to the xbox elite controller for ps4.

Generally, I dislike non-OEM console controllers.

Generally, I dislike non-OEM console controllers.
I tend to be the same way. There were only a very few times in my life where I preferred a 3rd-party console controller over the ones the console manufacturer made for that system.

Become a Patron!
Back