Corsair CV450 450W Power Supply Review

Paul_Johnson

Administrator
Staff member
Corsair CV450

Corsair is known in enthusiast circles as a supplier of high performance memory and has risen to become one of the most talked about power supply brands around. Corsair was initially able to establish a presence in such a short time through the use of quality OEM’s (Seasonic and CWT), rigorous standards, and excellent support. Since its entrance into the PSU field, it has established a number of lines of power supplies of varying quality to address (and overlap) just about every market segment. Today, we are looking at the 450W model (CP-9020209-NA) in Corsair’s CV line of power supplies made by HEC.

HEC Group (Heirochi Electric Corporation) AKA Compucase...

Continue reading...

Corsair used to be my go to. Then the RM series hit and I just don’t even really look at them any more.

Good review. It’s unfortunate that Corsair no longer has the high standards it once held, but this at least isn’t a flaming fireball waiting to happen.

Agreed.. My first couple of PSUs were Corsairs... Sad to see where they've landed with respects to their standards. While the unit "did" pass, I wouldn't trust it and like Paul said, spend a couple of extra $$ and get something with more / better features.

On page 3 it says
"Today’s CV450 is the first power supply we have seen from CV450"

Last edited:
My 'go to' is Seasonic, but Corsair is on the list for 'acceptable'. At least their warranty coverage is good.

Become a Patron!
Back