Corsair Launches Innovative RMx SHIFT ATX 3.0 Power Supplies

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Corsair has announced the RMx SHIFT Series, a new lineup of ATX 3.0-certified power supplies that feature a different design than what enthusiasts might be accustomed to. According to images shared by the company, these new PSUs are unique in that they feature the DC connector panel on the side of the unit, something that Corsair says enables easier access to cables and simpler, cleaner cable management. The RMx SHIFT Series of fully modular 80 PLUS Gold-certified PSUs is available immediately from Corsair's webstore and its worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors in wattages from 750 to 1,200 watts.

See full article...

While it's interesting if you're building 1000 watt plus systems I would strongly recommend Platinum or Titanium (or equivalently rated) power supplies. The efficiency difference can be the difference between a blown circuit and not.

It's not a bad idea if you switch things out and constantly need easy access to the power cables, but for most users this probably wouldn't be a big deal. Myself included.

Huh, the cable ports are on the side, that's interesting...
Could be handy in the right situations/with the right cases.

...for most users this probably wouldn't be a big deal. Myself included.
Indeed, same here.

Become a Patron!
Back