Corsair Launches MP600 CORE and MP600 PRO M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, Including Water Block Model

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
corsair-mp600-pro-hydro-x-closeup-1024x576.jpg
Image: Corsair

Corsair has announced three new blazing-fast PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSDs: the MP600 CORE, MP600 PRO, and MP600 PRO Hydro X Edition. The MP600 CORE features a sequential read speed of 4,950 MB/sec and sequential write speed of 3,950 MB/sec, while the MP600 PRO and MP600 PRO Hydro X are capable of 7,000 MB/sec sequential read speeds and 6,550 MB/sec sequential write speeds.

“The MP600 CORE utilizes high-density 3D QLC NAND memory to store even more data in the same amount of physical space, while reaching speeds...

Continue reading...

What could this possibly gain someone, besides being cool looking? Not like you can overclock a SSD? Or did I sleep thru that class?

What could this possibly gain someone, besides being cool looking? Not like you can overclock a SSD? Or did I sleep thru that class?

SSD's are a strange bird... they perform well when they are warm but not hot and not cold. So I don't know why the water block would be a good thing unless... they just want to say "LOOK AT THE WATER BLOCK IT'S AWESOME" "What do you mean you can't see it because of the giant *** video card?"

SSD's are a strange bird... they perform well when they are warm but not hot and not cold. So I don't know why the water block would be a good thing unless... they just want to say "LOOK AT THE WATER BLOCK IT'S AWESOME" "What do you mean you can't see it because of the giant *** video card?"

Presumably, it would be in the loop with other components and it wouldn't actually end up cold. Really though, this is primarily for aesthetic reasons. It's close to useless as many motherboards cover the M.2 slots with covers that serve as passive heat sinks already. Some being more challenging to leave off than others. On some boards, this wouldn't look right. Others, it would be fine. In some instances, you won't have the cover, but those are the boards least likely to ever see a waterblock on a CPU or GPU, much less an SSD.

Is no one making MLC drives anymore?
They should. In all honesty, a SLC drive is probably better for consumer QD1 use cases too, so I would like to see them as an option again. Give me a 512gb SLC OS drive, a 2TB storage drive, and I would be set for local storage. Everything else I would want storage for could live on my NAS.

Become a Patron!
Back