Corsair Releases 750-Watt, 80 Plus Bronze CX750F RGB PSU

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Image: Corsair

Corsair has just announced its latest CX Series power supply. It’s no surprise that it’s rated at 750 watts, considering that is the recommended PSU rating for NVIDIA’s latest RTX GPUs. This fully modular PSU is loaded with a number of options the modern PC builder may be looking for.

Image: Corsair

Specifications

Adjustable Single/Multi 12V Rail: NoATX Connector: 1ATX12V Version: v2.4Continuous output rated temperature: C 40°CContinuous power:  W 750 WattsFan bearing technology: Sleeve BearingFan size mm: 120 mmMTBF hours: 100,000 hoursMulti-GPU ready: YesWarranty...

Continue reading...

Yep, I agree we need to see some reviews. Over the years I've read a number of @Paul_Johnson. The higher-end ones usually do o.k. but once you get into the bronze levels it can be a mixed bag. I have, however, used several Corsair Gold/Platinums in my rigs. All are 1000 watt or higher, and all have performed admirably for me. One of them is getting close to ten years old now(the one in my 4930K rig).

I have an ancient OCZ 650W unit running a midrange desktop as a server, a 650W Seasonic Gold that I bought used nearly a decade ago powering another desktop as a server, and an 850W EVGA in my gaming desktop which cost about as much as this new Corsair back before SHTF in the manufacturing industry.

I bought the EVGA to assist in troubleshooting an issue that turned out to be PEBCAK and simply didn't swap it out because it worked.

The other two work just fine still, after all these years and numerous builds and abuse!

But back to this new Corsair 750W CX - they just need to hit the basics. QA will be a big one, along with just making sure that the fan is tuned properly. If they do that, it seems like it'd become the 'default value recommendation' for many enthusiast builds.

Hea my issue is the new products since ipo. Now its a new company with profit first more than it was before. So now we get to wait and see if they make quality hardware still.

Become a Patron!
Back