Cryptominer Shows Off Working Mining Rig Comprising Seven GeForce RTX 3060 Graphics Cards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-mining-rig-march-31-1024x576.jpg
Image: Quasar Zone

The cryptomining limiter that NVIDIA introduced into its GeForce RTX 3060 graphics cards appears to be getting more useless by every passing day. As spotted by hardware enthusiast and occasional leaker @harukaze5719, at least one miner has figured out how to bypass the check that prevents multiple GeForce RTX 3060 GPUs from being used as part of a single mining rig with the clever use of dummy HDMI plugs, PCIe risers, and NVIDIA’s special driver. It isn’t clear what motherboard the miner used; the PCIe riser trick reportedly only works with this particular model.

He used PCIe 3.0 x16 riser (x7) and all with dummy display outputsrc (KR) : https://t.co/DNwInBZf3h— 포시포시 (@harukaze5719) March 31, 2021

The...

Continue reading...

Yup. What can you really say, other than I'm surprised it's only 7 and not 74.

And look at that, it's our good buddy Zotac. Probably bought direct.

Straight to China with those cards. That's where most of them will wind up.

Looking at that wallpaper it looks like he co-opted the nursery to install it in too... Gotta keep the kiddos warm, and I'm sure the gentle soothing sound of the fans keeps them nice and calm.

Looking at that wallpaper it looks like he co-opted the nursery to install it in too... Gotta keep the kiddos warm, and I'm sure the gentle soothing sound of the fans keeps them nice and calm.
I noticed that too.

Become a Patron!
Back