Crysis Remastered to Feature “Can It Run Crysis?” Mode

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
crysis-remastered-1024x576.jpg
Image: Crytek

Crytek is taking the Crysis meme to a whole level. In a new tweet, the German developer announced that Crysis Remastered would feature a new graphics mode called “Can It Run Crysis?” No specifics were given, but we’re guessing that the preset will dial the resolution and textures up to 8K, with all ray-tracing effects (e.g., water reflections) enabled.

You can check out an in-game screenshot of the new “Can it Run Crysis?” mode in Crytek’s tweet below. According to the company, it’s “designed to demand every last bit of your hardware with unlimited settings.” The mode is also exclusive to PC gamers.

Crysis Remastered will be released for the PC (Epic Games Store), Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 on September 18, 2020. The Nintendo Switch version is already available...

Continue reading...

Am I the only one thinking... well... that looks like crysis alright...

Well, the roller coaster ride continues but this gives some hope.

I think it looks good but not a whole lot better than the original....doesn't really matter cause I'm probably gonna buy it anyway. I loved the original and I'm a sucker for nostalgia. Plus I'm hoping these remasters make some money cause I'd like to see more of them. I'd love a Bioshock remaster, or Dead Space.

On a side note. I was wondering what GOG has for Crysis. Oddly enough they've got the original with the rare 64-bit executable. At least that's what someone said in their threads anyways. If this wasn't coming out I'd get it. I tried shoehorning one in years ago, worked, but totally crash happy.

Looks less brown then I remember but other then that, yup
Crysis was always quite lush in color. It does take place in a jungle, after all. I don't know why you're remembering brown.
Barely a day goes by I don't wish someone would pick up the ball with that one. There are a number of look-alikes coming out this year but man, we need Isaac back!
Pretty sure there is no coming back after the end of Dead Space 3. And the older games don't need a remaster of any kind, in my opinion.
On a side note. I was wondering what GOG has for Crysis. Oddly enough they've got the original with the rare 64-bit executable. At least that's what someone said in their threads anyways. If this wasn't coming out I'd get it. I tried shoehorning one in years ago, worked, but totally crash happy.
All digital versions only come with the 32-bit version, as far as I'm aware. The 32-bit version always gave me issues for some reason, but the 64-bit version runs completely fine on modern systems.

Crysis was always quite lush in color. It does take place in a jungle, after all. I don't know why you're remembering brown.

Pretty sure there is no coming back after the end of Dead Space 3. And the older games don't need a remaster of any kind, in my opinion.

All digital versions only come with the 32-bit version, as far as I'm aware. The 32-bit version always gave me issues for some reason, but the 64-bit version runs completely fine on modern systems.
That's what I thought too. Couldn't tell you how many hours I've spent over the years looking for a legit one and if you find torrents they've usually just copied the Warhead executable over. I've made one, merging files from both, but like I said, it's a bit crash happy but does work. If I ever see it go on sale for cheap on GOG I'll pick it up and let you know. When I checked it was like $20 and not going to spend that with this on the way. To my knowledge only some of the physical editions ever had the 64-bit version and even then I've read conflicting stories.

That's what I thought too. Couldn't tell you how many hours I've spent over the years looking for a legit one and if you find torrents they've usually just copied the Warhead executable over. I've made one, merging files from both, but like I said, it's a bit crash happy but does work. If I ever see it go on sale for cheap on GOG I'll pick it up and let you know. When I checked it was like $20 and not going to spend that with this on the way. To my knowledge only some of the physical editions ever had the 64-bit version and even then I've read conflicting stories.
I have the retail Special Edition (silver nano skin box art with thick plastic case) version from release day and it includes the 64-bit version. I can't speak for any other physical releases.

I have the retail Special Edition (silver nano skin box art with thick plastic case) version from release day and it includes the 64-bit version. I can't speak for any other physical releases.
I've got a physical of the 2nd one I got from Wal-Mart, or Target, back in the day. I forget which version it is though. Close to one of the last physical copies I ever purchased for a game. I think Witcher 2 was around the same time and I got the complete edition of that at the time. Books, Maps, DVD's, soundtrack, etc. Pretty sure both are literally the last physical editions I've purchased. Shortly after Steam and Amazon happened. Not too long after that, and well, you know, can barely even keep track of 'em all anymore..

The one thing that I don't agree on is that a person has to buy this if you already own the original. Hell, it should be a free update. :p

Confirmed that the GOG release of Crysis includes the 64-bit version, and this version is run by default. No idea why it wasn't included in the Origin or Steam releases, considering how badly the 32-bit version runs on recent operating systems.

Confirmed that the GOG release of Crysis includes the 64-bit version, and this version is run by default. No idea why it wasn't included in the Origin or Steam releases, considering how badly the 32-bit version runs on recent operating systems.
Well gog does work to make sure you can run your older games you buy through them. Not like steam who wishes you luck after they collect your cash.

Thanks! Yeah, I've got both the Steam and Origin versions and I really started to notice it having issues once I started gaming at 1440P and 4K. Not really sure which of the hardware upgrades in recent years it wouldn't play nice with but I can clearly see if hitting some of those old 32-bit limitations now. I want to say I noticed the downward spiral right after my 970 Sli setup or perhaps when I had an GTX 780 OC edition card. Yep, it's been that long. Back when I got my 1080 Ti I'd try fidgeting with hobbling the 64-bit version together and saw some improvement. Well thanks for confirming and once GOG really drops the price I'll buy it for sure now just to have the original in the best way possible. :)

Well gog does work to make sure you can run your older games you buy through them. Not like steam who wishes you luck after they collect your cash.
Too true. Steam has had some positives for me over the years but I'm definitely trying to shift, as much as possible, my purchases over to GOG now. I've got Origin Access, EA Play, or whatever it's called now, and not a horrible value for the money but I do admit I don't use it as much as I used to. 2018 & 2019 were great for it but not so much in 2020. I'll give it another year and see what happens. Best thing right now is having all the Dead Space games, other Crysis games, nearly every Star Wars game ever made, and a handful of other ones I can't remember right now.

Thanks! Yeah, I've got both the Steam and Origin versions and I really started to notice it having issues once I started gaming at 1440P and 4K. Not really sure which of the hardware upgrades in recent years it wouldn't play nice with but I can clearly see if hitting some of those old 32-bit limitations now. I want to say I noticed the downward spiral right after my 970 Sli setup or perhaps when I had an GTX 780 OC edition card. Yep, it's been that long. Back when I got my 1080 Ti I'd try fidgeting with hobbling the 64-bit version together and saw some improvement. Well thanks for confirming and once GOG really drops the price I'll buy it for sure now just to have the original in the best way possible. :)
I had to buy it to satisfy my curiosity last night and ended up playing it for two hours 🤣. Was the first time I've played the game since I had a Maxwell GTX Titan X and couldn't help but keep playing it seeing how smooth it was running in my sig PC at UHD 4K with 4x anti aliasing and all Very High settings. There were still some hard stutters in cutscenes, but I remember the game still having trouble almost everywhere back then at 2560x1440.

I had to buy it to satisfy my curiosity last night and ended up playing it for two hours 🤣. Was the first time I've played the game since I had a Maxwell GTX Titan X and couldn't help but keep playing it seeing how smooth it was running in my sig PC at UHD 4K with 4x anti aliasing and all Very High settings. There were still some hard stutters in cutscenes, but I remember the game still having trouble almost everywhere back then at 2560x1440.
Friggin' awesome!

Become a Patron!
Back