Crytek Could Be Teasing a Crysis 3 Remaster

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
crysis-3-prophet-with-bow-1024x576.jpg
Image: Crytek

Crytek has been teasing Crysis fans a lot. There was an April Fool’s joke last year, which progressed to an official announcement for Crysis Remastered. Later, Crytek teased Crysis 2 Remastered by tweeting a quote from Prophet following leaked documents. Now, another quote has been tweeted by Crytek, and this time, it comes from Psycho in Crysis 3. A remastered version of Crysis 3 is likely on the way.

Romeo Actual this is Romeo One. Initiating burnout. Over.— Crysis (@Crysis) May 27, 2021

Psycho: CELL skinned me...

Continue reading...

I haven't even played the original, couldn't be bothered.

Crysis 3 remaster so soon? The original's visuals hold up pretty dang well today.
I agree. I've replayed it more times than I can count at this point. Usually, get bored by the final missions but up until then, I love it, especially the cloak/stealth/snipe aspects when they come into play inside the dome. It still supports most modern tech/features if you know the right tricks to get it to work.

There is some speculation that there could be a bundle of 2&3 but it could be a pipe dream. Doing so would make sense since their stories do tie into each other though. It's sorta like how RE3 is almost like DLC to RE2. Neither is really complete without the other.

I haven't even played the original, couldn't be bothered.
It's kind of an acquired taste. More on the tech side for the time. I first got into the franchise with the second game and then went back(it was after a time when I took a hiatus from PC gaming). In some ways, I enjoyed Warhead more.

There are already rumors floating around this morning, none from a credible source yet, that a Crysis Collection is on its way to consoles and PC, possibly this fall, featuring all three remastered. Still no word on Warhead though.

Become a Patron!
Back