Cyberpunk 2077’s Latest Hotfix (1.21) Squashes Various Bugs, Improves Overall Game Stability, and More

I wonder what percentage who bought it gives a f anymore about the game. I mean I don't. They'd need to have a giant content expansion to make me come back to the game.

If you think about it cynically, do they care? You've already paid. It's not a free to play loot box revenue generator. They really don't benefit at all from whether or not you come back to it. :p

What really matters, I'd imagine, are continued sales to those who are interested in the game, but haven't bought it yet. I wonder how many of those people there are. I mean, I'm one of them, but I'm used to my preferences and desires being in a small enough minority that I never get what I want anyway.

They did plan paid DLCs.
If they see that they've lost 90% of players they might stop pouring resources into fixing it.

If you think about it cynically, do they care? You've already paid. It's not a free to play loot box revenue generator. They really don't benefit at all from whether or not you come back to it. :p

What really matters, I'd imagine, are continued sales to those who are interested in the game, but haven't bought it yet. I wonder how many of those people there are. I mean, I'm one of them, but I'm used to my preferences and desires being in a small enough minority that I never get what I want anyway.
I’m interested and waiting. I was going to buy it when I got a 3080 or 3090, but that never happened due to card availability. I’ll keep an eye on it until I get my next big card (3080ti?) - if the game is in good shape at that time I’ll buy, otherwise I may forget about it and never buy.

I’m interested and waiting. I was going to buy it when I got a 3080 or 3090, but that never happened due to card availability. I’ll keep an eye on it until I get my next big card (3080ti?) - if the game is in good shape at that time I’ll buy, otherwise I may forget about it and never buy.

Same here.

I wanted a new GPU before buying it.

Then a bunch of other stuff happened in my life keeping me busy, and I havent even tried hunting for a GPU other than randomly checking Newegg and Amazon a few times.

I figure I'll get around to it eventually. No rush for me. The longer I wait, the better the game gets, and hopefully the cheaper it gets :p

I guess if they do a Cyberpunk TV series on Netflix it could work. But wouldn't that just be the series that was murder with Anthony mackey?

I wonder what percentage of people who are interested have bought it already.

I mean, it was one of the most pre-ordered titles in history, right?

That's the thing, I believe that the vast majority of sales on something like this are made during the first 6 months after a game's release. Sure, there will be people buying it after that. Especially when Steam and other sales bring the price down, but few games are going to see strong sales year over year. What they'll see will likely come along side larger content releases.

They did plan paid DLCs.
If they see that they've lost 90% of players they might stop pouring resources into fixing it.

It's a single player game. People play it and put it away until new content gets released for it. As I said, I think most of the sales for a title like this are early on with surges periodically as it releases on additional platforms and as expansions get released and combined with sales on the base game.

But, a 90% drop in player base makes sense for single player games. I played the Mass Effect games nearly exclusively for months after I got each one. But that's not the norm for single player games. Most people complete them once or twice and move on to something else. I've played through Cyberpunk 2077 three times and I'm done for now.

I guess if they do a Cyberpunk TV series on Netflix it could work. But wouldn't that just be the series that was murder with Anthony mackey?

That was Altered Carbon Season 2. And no, a Cyberpunk 2077 TV show would be very different. The lore and characters are quite a bit different. Albeit, there would naturally be similarities.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back