Cyberpunk 2077’s Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode Brings RTX 4090 to Its Knees with DLSS Off at 16 FPS in 4K

only when a game can use DLSS4, which will almost certainly be locked to the 5000 series
Yeah, that's what I was mentioning about a month or two ago when I started to notice how various games that were getting the DLSS 3 hype coincidentally also ended up being almost non-playable at 4K on anything less than a 40 series card. I'll say Witcher 3 next-gen has improved a lot and is no longer on that list. I spent some time with it yesterday and was able to get 60-80 with RT off while using DLSS 2 on my OCd 3090 Ti. That's still not great but a couple of months back I couldn't even do that. If they do continue this with the 50 series I'm probably going to consider calling it quits because generational lock-ins are not worth it for me.

I just hate these proprietary, locked solutions. As a customer they make me feel trapped by a purchase, not glad I made the purchase...
Which is why I never bought into any of the monitors that use hardware G-Sync modules. I didn't give a sh1t about VRR until monitors started supporting both FreeSync and G-Sync (through G-Sync Compat). I'm not gonna buy a monitor that only has working VRR with just Radeons or just GeForces. My graphics card choices shouldn't be limited by something like what type of VRR a monitor supports.

DLSS is pretty cool when implemented well, but @Brian_B already mentioned all the issues I have with it.

Become a Patron!
Back