Cyberpunk 2077 Expansion Targeting 2023 Release, says CDPR President

Yes I did. I went through all of the endings pre-v1.2.

Yeah, in v1.31 I had almost 4000 armor, then after the 1.5 patch they removed upgrade slots from clothing and gimped the armadillo upgrades, so now the most I can seem to get by fully upgrading everything is ~1600.

I imagine that makes a bit of a difference.

I'm no beginner to FPS games, and this mission is hard.

Which considering it is a suicide run, I guess it is supposed to be.

Yeah, in v1.31 I had almost 4000 armor, then after the 1.5 patch they removed upgrade slots from clothing and gimped the armadillo upgrades, so now the most I can seem to get by fully upgrading everything is ~1600.

I imagine that makes a bit of a difference.

I'm no beginner to FPS games, and this mission is hard.

Which considering it is a suicide run, I guess it is supposed to be.
I've played the game since the updates and I've found it only slightly more difficult than before. Yeah, the suicide mission might be a lot tougher now but it was only slightly more than trivial when I did it the first time.

I've played the game since the updates and I've found it only slightly more difficult than before. Yeah, the suicide mission might be a lot tougher now but it was only slightly more than trivial when I did it the first time.

Well, I've re-tried it probably 30-40 times now unsuccessfully. This last time I think I got pretty close, but an unexpected enemy came out of nowhere and insta-killed me. I've decided to give it a rest for today.

Well, I've re-tried it probably 30-40 times now unsuccessfully. This last time I think I got pretty close, but an unexpected enemy came out of nowhere and insta-killed me. I've decided to give it a rest for today.

I did another ~10 or so runs last night. Just for fun I decided to do a screen record to illustrate what I am dealing with.

So this one starts after the auto-save point at the elevator.

A few apologies:
1.) As part of setting up screen grabbing I had to disable HDR or it looked like crap in the video. IN doing so, the config file somehow became corrupted, and I had to recreate everything from scratch, so there is some mouse sensitivity adjustments in there.
2.) Since I had to go back to the oil field scene to get the secret ending, my gear isn't as upgraded as it was in my first few endings, so I am grabbing everything I can and upgrading along the way. I'm still level 50, but I was in slightly better shape the first few endings I ran.
3.) At this point I was pretty tired and slow.

Even with over 1700 armor (which I get with some upgrades) I am finding that most of the time I can manage, but every now and then something just insta-kills me.

The Arisaka opponents in this mission seem way stronger than anything I encountered previously in the game, and my armor is much weaker than it was pre-patch.

I also disable all auto-aiming features in the menus, which I am not sure everyone does.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people are upset because of the poor launch.

Many patches later this is a very good game, and there is no reason it can't have the staying power of - say - the Witcher 3, GTA V or Skyrim.

I've enjoyed it more than any title in many years.
I finished a couple endings on 1.3. I enjoyed it but there were issues to work around or just tolerate. If they can pump out some quality DLC content like they did with Witcher 3, I can see where it regains popularity.

I did another ~10 or so runs last night. Just for fun I decided to do a screen record to illustrate what I am dealing with.

So this one starts after the auto-save point at the elevator.

A few apologies:
1.) As part of setting up screen grabbing I had to disable HDR or it looked like crap in the video. IN doing so, the config file somehow became corrupted, and I had to recreate everything from scratch, so there is some mouse sensitivity adjustments in there.
2.) Since I had to go back to the oil field scene to get the secret ending, my gear isn't as upgraded as it was in my first few endings, so I am grabbing everything I can and upgrading along the way. I'm still level 50, but I was in slightly better shape the first few endings I ran.
3.) At this point I was pretty tired and slow.

Even with over 1700 armor (which I get with some upgrades) I am finding that most of the time I can manage, but every now and then something just insta-kills me.

The Arisaka opponents in this mission seem way stronger than anything I encountered previously in the game, and my armor is much weaker than it was pre-patch.

I also disable all auto-aiming features in the menus, which I am not sure everyone does.

Well, I finally did it.

It was tough. It took many tries, and where I thought it was going to end, just led into a repeat of my many battles with Smasher.

In the end it was a little disappointing.

Same endings as I had had before. This was just a different path of getting there. Only difference between this ending and the "keep V's body" ending I previously had is that this time Panam wasn't in the apartment when you come to for some reason.

After all that there should at least have been a special achievement or something :p

Now I can put this game to rest. At least until the expansion arrives next year.

Become a Patron!
Back