Cyberpunk 2077 Features a Hidden “Cinematic RTX” Mode That Subtly Increases Level of Detail

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-screenshot-jackie-welles-chakras-off-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

Cyberpunk 2077 is already a pretty game (on PC, anyway…), but apparently, there’s a hidden “Cinematic RTX” mode that improves visuals further by enhancing LOD (level of detail), lighting, and ambient occlusion effects. The discovery was made by NexusMods contributor andwhat112, who has shared instructions on how to enable it in the controversial title.

All you have to do is add the following argument to your Cyberpunk 2077 executable (\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\Cyberpunk2077.exe).

-qualityLevel=Cinematic_RTX

Steam users also have the option of right clicking on the game, selecting Properties, and adding the same argument under Launch Options.

-qualityLevel=Cinematic_RTX

Some of you might have...

Continue reading...

Is it even less FPS than psycho?

It's Cienmatic Mode So you're FPS is limited to 24 just like at the movies. ;) (no idea just messing about.)

In looking at the screenshots The only difference I could see was in the cherry blossom tree in the background of one of the screenshots. It seemed less detailed in the cinematic settings.

Using a 10700K with a 3090 my framerate is the same.
No change in settings other than this command line.

I might be a teeensy bit jealous of the 3090... but I can't justify that kind of money for a video card to my wife. lol.

It's Cienmatic Mode So you're FPS is limited to 24 just like at the movies. ;) (no idea just messing about.)

In looking at the screenshots The only difference I could see was in the cherry blossom tree in the background of one of the screenshots. It seemed less detailed in the cinematic settings.
It looked to me like everything just got smudged to give it a more soft look from the screenshots. More like a bad ENB mod than anything.

Become a Patron!
Back