Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Free DLC in Early 2021

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-female-v-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

CD PROJEKT RED has launched a new Cyberpunk 2077 page confirming that its sci-fi RPG will be getting free DLC sometime in early 2021. Unfortunately, the page doesn’t provide any insight on what the additional content will be, but this is great news for players who have managed to explore every nook and cranny of Night City already and are seeking new challenges.

“Free DLC starts hitting Night City early 2021,” a blurb reads. “Stay tuned for more info!”

CD PROJEKT President and Joint CEO Adam Kiciński previously teased that Cyberpunk 2077 would also be...

Continue reading...

Maybe it’s the 60% of the game that got left on the cutting room floor?

I hope adding a 3rd-person slider/upgrade is one of those choices of newness.

Also, a remake to a brand new game on how the NPCs poor mo-cap animations, lip syncing / facial animations, not every second the same NPCs shows up and much better interactions, fix the poor RT features and overblown lighting, no QoL features, etc.

I hope adding a 3rd-person slider/upgrade is one of those choices of newness.
3rd person view is out of the question. the game doesn't have animations for your character, and there is only a headless model rendered when in first person view which is 99.9% of the game. That's why you get bugs with mirrors and the few non-fpv cutscenes.
Also, a remake to a brand new game on how the NPCs poor mo-cap animations, lip syncing / facial animations, not every second the same NPCs shows up and much better interactions, fix the poor RT features and overblown lighting, no QoL features, etc.
WTF? There is nothing wrong with mocap and animations, lip syncing is one of the best in the industry, it even takes into account if the spoken language is changed. And this game has the best RT/lighting to date of any game I've seen. The hate train is getting ridiculous now.

3rd person view is out of the question. the game doesn't have animations for your character, and there is only a headless model rendered when in first person view which is 99.9% of the game. That's why you get bugs with mirrors and the few non-fpv cutscenes.

WTF? There is nothing wrong with mocap and animations, lip syncing is one of the best in the industry, it even takes into account if the spoken language is changed. And this game has the best RT/lighting to date of any game I've seen. The hate train is getting ridiculous now.
Lip sync in this game is AI-generated using the viseme model, which is why it works so well when the language is changed. The animators didn't have to manually animate faces for every language. It is definitely one of the best features of the game that can unfortunately go unnoticed to most people.

I wonder who in the h3ll was working on DLC for this dumpster fire of a game, instead of contributing to patches? I get that different people and departments have different agendas/projects, but still. At very least, wait until game is more patched to announce it. Free or not.

I wonder who in the h3ll was working on DLC for this dumpster fire of a game, instead of contributing to patches? I get that different people and departments have different agendas/projects, but still. At very least, wait until game is more patched to announce it. Free or not.
The content plans for this game were announced ahead of the game's release. It's the release window for the first DLC that is new.

Artists, level designers, writers, etc are not very helpful in bugfixing.

The dumbest reaction comes from the dumbest apologetic response from an obvious fact.

https://youtu.be/MUH6CF7gFkw

I got my refund on the game through Steam. Wasn't my cup of tea, but may go back to it once everything is patched.

What does those "8 years" really look like? 6 of executive back and forth and 2 of alleged work?

What does those "8 years" really look like? 6 of executive back and forth and 2 of alleged work?
Development of the game didn't start in earnest until after The Witcher 3 launched in 2015.

The dumbest reaction comes from the dumbest apologetic response from an obvious fact.
That doesn't even make sense grammatically. What are you actually trying to say?

As for the video I've said it before. Mass Effect Andromeda all over again. Some dudes string together videos of bugs and try to sell it as if that's the game and nothing else. It was a lie with mass effect, it is a lie now. But enjoy hating the world, I guess. I'd rather enjoy the game.

PS The funniest part is that some of these "issues" that are apparentely making the game worthless to some were present in highly acclaimed open world games like GTA, yet it was crickets about it that time.

Become a Patron!
Back