Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.05 Out for Consoles, PC to Follow

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-sledgehammer-guy-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

Few successful game launches have sank like Cyberpunk 2077, but CD PROJEKT RED is working hard to fix things. Hotfix 1.05 is loaded with bugfixes for both console and PC versions. The console versions have already received the hotfix, with PC to arrive soon.

AMD users with 4- or 6-core processors should find noticeable performance improvement. CD PROJEKT RED has worked with AMD to optimize SMT core/thread utilization. The PC community discovered that the engine was incorrectly using older Bulldozer instruction sets, which assigned fewer threads. Users with 8 or more cores will not see any improvement. The AVX instruction set has also been removed after users reported crashes on processors that did not support it. The console-specific fixes include visual improvements and settings no...

Continue reading...

Literally just got this update now.

edit: It was a 9 GB download according to GOG galaxy.

Just want to know if it's 'buyable' yet, to be frank.

Yeah, I'm giving CDPR my money. Just not buying it until I can actually play it!

The patch was 1.7GB on Steam.

Yeah, I don't call a 9GB patch a "hotfix" still, downloaded it anyways.
Minimum package sizes on GoG are larger, its down to their distribution method.

The patch was 1.7GB on Steam.

Minimum package sizes on GoG are larger, its down to their distribution method.

Still, I play Wow, hotfixes there half the time don't even require a download and when they do it is only a couple megs, not gigs. Same deal for borderlands 3 iirc.

How's it running for you guys?

Figure I'll dig in when I get back from this trip in a few days.

Become a Patron!
Back