Cyberpunk 2077 on Stadia!?

Grimlakin

FPS Enthusiast
That's right boys and girls we are talking about streaming to your college laptop a new lead title from CdProjectRed.... Cyberpunk 2077.

Questions I have on that.

1. Will it have RT built in for the streaming clients?
2. Are they accelerating this with Nvidia Hardware or someone elses (amd?)

Presumably they have the game dialed in to be able to stream it at all.

Anyone use Stadia recently and have a commentary on how it runs?

Didn't Google mention it will be using AMD for Stadia?

If so I wonder if Google has the newer implementation with Ray Tracing.

So...

You have to subscribe to Stadia, and you still have to purchase access to games on there. Do I have that correct?

So...

You have to subscribe to Stadia, and you still have to purchase access to games on there. Do I have that correct?
I think depending on your subscription type, some games are included but I haven't researched it.

It is good to see that more and more games are coming to Stadia. Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most awaited video games at the moment which is set to release on 10 December 2020 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and also for Stadia. Earlier, the game was set to release on 19 November 2020 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One but CDPR is now going to release the game for all platforms together.

It will also be available on GeForce NOW, which is the better choice. Remember that Stadia is running on Linux and games have to be specifically made for the streaming platform, while the can run natively on NVIDIA's platform.

It will also be available on GeForce NOW, which is the better choice. Remember that Stadia is running on Linux and games have to be specifically made for the streaming platform, while the can run natively on NVIDIA's platform.

So does this mean there are linux libraries that will let Cyberpunk 2077 have RT in Linux? ;)

So does this mean there are linux libraries that will let Cyberpunk 2077 have RT in Linux? ;)
Hopefully, but there are many games on Stadia that never got a Linux version outside of that.

Hopefully, but there are many games on Stadia that never got a Linux version outside of that.

See that is interesting and IF I was a Linux based gamer I would be HUNGRY for those libraries and API's.

That's right boys and girls we are talking about streaming to your college laptop a new lead title from CdProjectRed.... Cyberpunk 2077.

Questions I have on that.

1. Will it have RT built in for the streaming clients?
2. Are they accelerating this with Nvidia Hardware or someone elses (amd?)

Presumably they have the game dialed in to be able to stream it at all.

Anyone use Stadia recently and have a commentary on how it runs?
Stadia uses custom AMD video card roughly equivalent to a Radeon VII, so no RT and no native 4K.
Haven't used stadia myself but IQ/performance should be about the same as nvidia Geforce now which is quite good imo.
-- I take that back, AFAIK Cyberpunk will use RTX on geforcenow, so arguably better IQ, currently it uses a RTX2080Ti equivalent but afaik its migrating to Ampere soon.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back