Cyberpunk 2077 Sequel Will Be Developed on Epic Games’ Unreal Engine, Phantom Liberty Director Confirms

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Gabe Amatangelo, the director behind the new expansion Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty, has confirmed that his next project is a "full-blown" sequel to Cyberpunk 2077 that won't be built on CD PROJEKT RED's own REDengine, but instead, Epic Games' Unreal Engine. Amatangelo didn't specify what version of Unreal Engine is being used, but it's presumably Unreal Engine 5 based on what CD PROJEKT RED and its collaborators are leveraging for its next Witcher games, such as The Witcher Remake. Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty, which launches on September 26, took two years to develop, according to Amatangelo, who took over as director following a pair of high-profile exits.

See full article...

Makes sense since they're already using it for the next Witcher game. I agree with @Denpepe though. I hope they've got a good handle on it and support so these don't launch as a stuttering discombobulated mess.

so these don't launch as a stuttering discombobulated mess.
I'm mostly talking about gameplay and controls

Borderlands 2 has spot's where you get stuck on nothing if your fps is over 60
Borderlands 3 I move my char with ZQSD but the map pans with WASD this also happens in wonderlands
Gears 5 I move with ZQSD but the vehicle controls with WASD

(I use an azerty keyboard btw)

This is off the top of my head there may be more.

Become a Patron!
Back