Cyberpunk Action-Shooter RPG The Ascent Gets New Trailer

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Image: Neon Giant

Developer Neon Giant is celebrating its third anniversary with a new trailer for its upcoming game, The Ascent, which follows a 4K gameplay trailer from March. Set in a cyberpunk world, it is a single-player and co-op action-shooter RPG using the Unreal Engine. Based on the recommended specs (Intel Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070), the game’s stunning visuals could be a bit demanding. The install size is a modest 35 GB. It will release on PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One consoles on July 29...

Continue reading...

Either it is chock full of repeat textures... Or they do a lot with bump mapping (is that still a thing?) to make textures look different... or the game is going to be pretty dang short these days.

I read this was going to be a twin stick shooter. I'm all confused.

Yeah we'll see. I read the preview (IGN or PCGamer, cannot remember) and it sounds cool. I put it on my Steam wishlist... it's only $30 so I'm guessing some lightweight roguelike or twin stick shooter (aka Ruiner maybe, which doesn't get nearly the love it deserves). If you are brave and wish to pre-order (I'll pass, thanks) on Steam it's 10% off.

I have a feeling this will be in a Humble game bundle in a year or 2.

I admit I'm curious and like the visuals but I'll wait and see how it goes. I wish the best for them though. I plan to buy ME Legendary this weekend and depending on the Optix price(a post from today) I'm thinking about that as well.

Become a Patron!
Back