Daft Punk Releases Extended Version of TRON: Legacy Soundtrack on Spotify and Apple Music

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
tron-legacy-daft-punk-1024x576.jpg
Image: Disney

TRON: Legacy wasn’t exactly a critical or financial success, but something that most of us can probably agree on is that Daft Punk did a phenomenal job on the soundtrack. The French electronic music duo began scoring the film all the way back 2008, which culminated in various albums (e.g., TRON: Legacy Reconfigured), but over a decade later, fans can finally enjoy what appears to be a definitive release in the form of a “complete edition” that was recently released on Spotify and Apple Music.

According to Polygon’s coverage, the new TRON: Legacy soundtrack was designed specifically to celebrate the film’s 10th anniversary, which occurred last Thursday on December 17th. “The Complete Edition includes nine additional tracks that weren’t part of the...

Continue reading...

I love the soundtrack (been in my car forever) but one of my gripes is not all the songs are in movie order. While I guess this doesn't matter in the grand scheme of the universe, it bothers me.

I love the soundtrack (been in my car forever) but one of my gripes is not all the songs are in movie order. While I guess this doesn't matter in the grand scheme of the universe, it bothers me.
I admit I haven't gotten this one yet, but seriously thinking about it. However, I totally know what you mean because I've collected my share of soundtracks and not the ones with pop songs sounding like the greatest hits or K-tel record. It can really break the atmosphere when they kind of schlop them together.

If you like the Tron: Legacy soundtrack, you'll probably like this:
It's from a mobile pinball game.

If you like the Tron: Legacy soundtrack, you'll probably like this:
It's from a mobile pinball game.

You know what, that does sound a little Tron-ish. But more like video game Tron music instead of Daft Punk.

Become a Patron!
Back