Deadpool & Wolverine Doesn’t Feature Storm Because Ryan Reynolds Never Called, Halle Berry Reveals

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Halle Berry, the American actress partially known for playing Storm in various X-Men films for what was 20th Century Fox, including X-Men: Days of Future Past and the original 2002 X-Men movies from director Brian Singer, would have been open to reprising her character for Marvel Studios' new Deadpool & Wolverine film, but there was one problem: Ryan Reynolds never called.

See full article...

Nothing against her although I was never really thrilled with her as Storm but that's not her fault, it Singer's. He cast and told her how to play the role.

Anyhow, anyone who's ever watched these movies can instantly grasp they mostly only try to feature cameos and characters that have largely been left untouched, or at least forgotten about over time and Storm definitely does not fall into that category. I'm not saying that there are not exceptions but its mostly true.

I have a feeling that if Storm had been used it would've been a different version than Singer's because they have often tried to keep characters closer to the comics (except for some intentional jokes in this movie).

It's one of the things I love about the Deadpool movies, to some extent they're like course corrections for the X-Men films.

Not gonna lie, a Deadpool/Storm-Monster's Ball alt-universe spoof could've been pretty hilarious.

Become a Patron!
Back