Deadpool & Wolverine Passes $1 Billion at Global Box Office, Expected to Become Biggest R-Rated Movie Ever Worldwide This Week

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Deadpool & Wolverine, the new movie from Marvel Studios that drew Hugh Jackman out of superhero retirement and has impressed audiences with various cameos, including Blade, a Gambit played by Channing Tatum, and even a Cavillrine, has officially passed $1 billion at the global box office following its premiere in the U.S. on July 26, according to the latest numbers shared by entertainment outlets.

See full article...

We watched this film last weekend.

First time in the movie theater since last years Indiana Jones sequel.

It wasn't bad, but it also wasn't that good.

To me, the reason I watch Deadpool films are for his sarcastic and funny remarks.

I think the previous installations in the Deadpool franchise were funnier.

This was totally watchable though. I didn't feel like I needed to dial up Disney and ask for my money back. But was it worth modern movie theater pricing? Probably not. I can't imagine anything being worth that.

I really want to see this, but will probably wait until it hits streaming.

I really want to see this, but will probably wait until it hits streaming.
Me too. I admit to being curious. I have seen the other Deadpools, and they were .. ok. Not on my top 10 list, but at least something other than a MCU or DCU "trying too hard to be more than it really is" movie.

The fact that this movie is doing so well right now, in my opinion, is not a testament to how good this movie it. It's a slap in the face of every other movie put out in the last few years and goes to show just how bad the products the movie industry as a whole is churning out have really become. Or (and?), it's an indictment on the general population of the United States, and this is the level of entertainment that our average citizen is able to understand and enjoy.

it's an indictment on the general population of the United States, and this is the level of entertainment that our average citizen is able to understand and
Well, in this situation it's actually more of a global phenomenon since ticket sales are almost an even split and foreign is even just a little bit more.

1723649439074.png

I had a friend who brought over a community copy and some beer and we watched it last week. I'll happily buy it on 4K when it comes out but will hold out to just make sure that an extended version isn't on the way like that last one. I thoroughly enjoyed ir, wife got bored with the action scenes and I really like the approach they went with in regard to the chosen cameos. It's more of the same as that last two but I did like those even though I'm not really a fan of the character.

Become a Patron!
Back