Destiny 2 Isn’t Working with Ryzen 3000 CPUs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Early AMD adopters will have to put their Crucible slaying and engram collecting on hold. Destiny 2 fans who upgraded to Ryzen 3000 have discovered that the game will not run on their shiny new CPUs, despite the Battle.net launcher claiming otherwise.

The .exe manages to show up in Task Manager but will disappear moments later. Bungie is on the case, but it hasn't yet elaborated on what the cause could be or when gamers can expect a fix.

Players have reported the issue on subreddits for Destiny and AMD, and on the game’s official forums. It appears to be affecting every Ryzen 3000 series variant, and no other specific driver installs or hardware combinations seem to affect the problem either way.

Update: We received the following reply from AMD:
AMD is aware of and investigating the issue. We will follow up with you as soon as possible with further information and updates when available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activision is obviously in Intel's pocket!

Well Bungie isn't part of Activision/Blizzard anymore heh. Also funny how all other games on the bnet launcher seem to work. Let's see how long this takes Bungie to fix.

Did Bungie manage to hold on to all things Destiny during the split or is it Activision's responsibility to fix it?

Did Bungie manage to hold on to all things Destiny during the split or is it Activision's responsibility to fix it?
I believe Bungie is on the hook for everything. They got a complete separation from Activision.

They are moving Destiny 2 over to Steam in September, so I'm gonna have to assume it Bungie's responsibility to fix it. Also, like I mentioned, all the other games work fine on the bnet launcher so it's a Destiny 2 issue.

They are moving Destiny 2 over to Steam in September, so I'm gonna have to assume it Bungie's responsibility to fix it. Also, like I mentioned, all the other games work fine on the bnet launcher so it's a Destiny 2 issue.
Just to be clear, I was being facetious with my first statement.
The are releasing it on Steam as well, not moving it to Steam.

Just to be clear, I was being facetious with my first statement.
The are releasing it on Steam as well, not moving it to Steam.

Ya I thought so, but just wanted to make sure. And no, they are moving it to Steam. It won't be on the bnet launcher anymore AFAIK

Ya I thought so, but just wanted to make sure. And no, they are moving it to Steam. It won't be on the bnet launcher anymore AFAIK
****! Didn't realize it had gone that far. Do you know if current owners of Destiny 2 on Bnet will get Steam codes?

****! Didn't realize it had gone that far. Do you know if current owners of Destiny 2 on Bnet will get Steam codes?

There’s gonna be a big transfer going on at some point, where you can pick which account you want to make as your main account (Xbone/PS4/PC) and then that will work on every platform (need to purchase game on each tho). Most of D2 is going free to play, but yeah your bnet purchases will transfer to steam.

That's cool. I'd love to be able to play on the PS4 with some friends using my PC account. Sounds like D2 may actually improve a bit because of this.

I wanted to point out, that I ran into this issue trying to use Destiny 2 in our gaming benchmarks as part of the Ryzen 9 3900X CPU review. I figured it was something on my end and just didn't have time to solve the problem, so I moved on. As it turns out, it wasn't just me.

Become a Patron!
Back