Diablo 4 Is Shaping Up for a Potential 2020 Release

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
After the terrible reception of Diablo Immortal, it's no surprise that Blizzard began fast tracking a mainline Diablo sequel to win back the franchise's core fans. According to new job listings and a story published in French paper Le Monde, the fourth entry could be on its way as early as next year.

Le Monde ran a piece regarding Blizzard Europe's massive layoffs and mentioned that Diablo 4 (and a new Overwatch game) was already being shown off to different teams within the company. There's a claim that it could drop in 2020.

Teams at Blizzard Entertainment have already been presented with the long-awaited Diablo 4 and know that a new Overwatch game is in development. But neither of these two games will be released before 2020, at the very best, and employees at Versailles have no idea if they will still be around when they eventually release. "Activision Blizzard will be making less of a profit, but this will still amount to a lot of profit," says a veteran employee.

Blizzard is also looking for a new Lead Character Artist and Lead Concept Artist for an "unannounced" Diablo project. That sounds a lot like Diablo 4.

Last one I played was Diablo 2 back in college.

My recollection of the game is that it really wasn't much better than Progress Quest, but with the added bonus of wearing out your left mouse button.

The hidden cow level was funny though.

I didn't bother with 3, and am unlikely to bother with 4.

Fast Track...

Blizzard...

8 years sounds about right.

Played them all since the original. I put some hours in LOD, but we will see about this next variation. No hopes being elevated thus far.

I get them wanting to fast track, after the "don't you all have phones?" Incident lol

However, I have lost all faith in blizzards ability to make compelling content. Wow after wotlk sucked, d3 was so **** cliche and felt rushed after years of development.. we shall see but I'm not looking forward to anything they do short of their rehashing of their old good games.

Maybe they will take a hint at the popularity of Classic and make D4 closer to D2.

..a man can dream

Become a Patron!
Back