Diablo II: Resurrected Launching on September 23 for PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and Nintendo Switch

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
diablo-ii-resurrected-dark-wanderer-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Blizzard Entertainment

Blizzard Entertainment has announced that the meticulous remaster of its timeless hack-and-slash action RPG classic, Diablo II: Resurrected, will be released on September 23 for PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Described as a “definitive remastering” of the 2000 original, Diablo II: Resurrected invites players back to the gates of Hell with high-resolution visuals (up to 4K/2160p), a remastered 7.1 Dolby Surround audio mix, and 27 minutes of faithfully recreated cinematics. Diablo II: Resurrected players who are feeling particularly nostalgic will be able to switch to the original 800×600 experience with the touch of a button.

While Diablo II: Resurrected takes full advantage of today’s modern gaming hardware, it preserves the engaging hack-and-slash gameplay that is as...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess we won't have to worry about spoilers....
What, no 800x600 with RTX option? Phffft....

I still have all my old characters. When this ends up in the bargain bin, and I feel nostalgic, I may acquire it. Then throw it over by the other two original copies I have in storage.

Diablo II was the first game I bought on release day and paid full price. It was $60 even back then lol.. My best friend and I waited out at CompUSA on release. It was a blast and such a great game for it's time. Spent many many hours playing.

Unfortunately, I have no desire to play it again. Remastered or not.. I like seeing some of my old favorites brought to higher resolutions and standards.. but I'm honestly ready to get off this nostalgia train.

I’m really looking forward to it, so I’ll be acquiring it day one. It needed a graphics refresh, but was otherwise superior to Diablo 3.

I think a lot of peoples rose colored glasses are going to get broken on this one. I hope not... but this is the new blizzard we are talking about. Not the old blizzard that would have just made a better game and had people climbing the walls and have signing release parties where developers would be at Fry's to sign copies. Sure it would have to be at other stores now but you get the idea.

Blizzard if they haven't lost their magic **** sure have forgot where they put it.

Become a Patron!
Back