Diablo IV Players Have Spent an Astonishing Amount of Money on Cosmetics and Other Microtransactions, Blizzard Entertainment Reveals

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Diablo IV, the 2023 online-only action RPG from Blizzard Entertainment that is the first in the series to be set in an open world, continues to be a major money maker for Activision Blizzard, according to new details for the game that have been shared by Blizzard senior product manager Harrison Froeschke, including what is said to be over $150 million in microtransaction sales.

See full article...

This is why we can't have nice things, because too many people are content with wasting (their parent's) money on crap like this.
Somehow I am still shocked that people spend money on sh1t like this. My friend's step-kids are in their early 20s and they grew up thinking this kind of crap is normal. They were always spending money (usually their mom's money) on cosmetics, characters unlocks, and other bullsh1t in the games they played. Paying real money for sh1t that only exists in a virtual world. My friend and I couldn't wrap our heads around it.

This is why we can't have nice things, because too many people are content with wasting (their parent's) money on crap like this.

I'd 'counter' only with, since they're similar, PoE's whole model is based off of this. However, the game is free. I've mostly spent some coin on utility tabs. I've never bought skins or anything else that made my character or hideout look different than what I could win, trade, or find. I feel like, it's not harmful to offer up, I only feel that it's harmful if it's required to compete, complete, or otherwise cut down on grinding. PoE has it right (mostly.)

I bought Mechs in Mechwarrior online to get the 30% c-bill bonus and cut down the grind. I honestly don’t mind spending a little money on a game like MWO since I really enjoy it.

MMO or Online only games I get it.

Single player games people buying **** to get ahead is where I blink and ask... wh... what?

Just use a cheat or trainer...

MMO or Online only games I get it.

Single player games people buying **** to get ahead is where I blink and ask... wh... what?

Just use a cheat or trainer...
It's not really about getting ahead, but sleazy developers deliberately breaking the game then try to sell you the remedy. Like buying XP boosters without which the game is too grindy, or extra character slots, respecing mid game, etc.

Become a Patron!
Back