Diablo IV Receives Modest PC Specs, Ray Tracing Support Coming Post-Launch

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Diablo fans can expect to tackle plenty of new demons this year, and it appears that hardware upgrades will be largely optional. Blizzard has shared the PC specifications for the open beta of Diablo IV, and contrary to some recent titles, they appear to pretty modest, with the recommended specifications only calling for an Intel Core i5-4670K or AMD R3-1300X CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 470 GPU, 16 GB of RAM, and an SSD with 45 GB of free space. Blizzard also mentioned that Diablo IV will support ray tracing, but that won't arrive until sometime after the game's launch, which is scheduled for Tuesday, June 6.

See full article...

Diablo has never ever been about needing cutting edge hardware for pc versions. It would always run fine on your aversge potato. Kind of a selling point really.

Heaven forbid a game launches with all its features enabled.

Diablo has never ever been about needing cutting edge hardware for pc versions. It would always run fine on your aversge potato. Kind of a selling point really.
Most if not all Blizzard games run on modest machines.

The reason I'm not into Diablo is because when the first one came out it wouldn't even start on my computer.

I picked up Diablo II Resurrected out of pure nostalgia. It pushes my 3090ti pretty hard at 4k. D3 doesn't even do that. Oh, and the D2R Amazon looks like a man-trans (if you're into that sort of thing).

I picked up Diablo II Resurrected out of pure nostalgia. It pushes my 3090ti pretty hard at 4k. D3 doesn't even do that. Oh, and the D2R Amazon looks like a man-trans (if you're into that sort of thing).
Making older engines look modern I think would be more hardware demanding than employing modern engines that address current gen hardware correctly. But full caveat I am no programmer I'm a hardware guy.

Become a Patron!
Back