Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred Expansion Could Cost $100, according to Leaked Blizzard Survey

Heh.

Glad I'm not into the the "mouse switch wear-out test" game.

I wasn't going to buy any Diablo game anyway, but I am even more sure I won't.

Seriously, if this is the way things are going, I might just go back to my old bad ways I haven't visited since I was a teenager in the 90's, except for the rare occasion to express displeasure at "always online, developer launcher required" single player releases.

1701288951122.png

Not because I can't afford it, but rather because this rampant abuse of pricing strategy is just insulting, and there is no way I am going to play along nicely and let them get what they want.

I'd still argue that no game in the history of games is worth more than $29.99

Well, there has been some inflation lately. I'll give them $34.99. That's the maximum perceived value I derive out of any game.

And with how much larger the gaming market is today, the costs of games development should be spread out over even greater numbers than back in the day, so rather than being more expensive, they should - in fact - be cheaper.

Stop paying stupid celebrities for their likenesses and voices instead. The games would probably be better without them anyway, as it is somewhat fourth wall breaking.

There is no way in hell an expansion for diablo is worth 100 bucks. That's just STUPID.

I guess they are targeting the same whales who bought horse armor and transmogs for 60 bucks.

$100 for an expansion to a game that went from $70 base game to $40 after 5 months. Yeah, sure, you betcha.

Obviously to exploit those addicted to the grind.

I've said it before: Diablo IV has turned out to be a dumpster fire. Now with improved graphics ...

dumpster_fire.jpg

I'd still argue that no game in the history of games is worth more than $29.99
Agreed. Honestly that should be the upper end. When I buy games it is usually in the $10-or-less range. A good amount of them are $5 or less. Occasionally I have no issues paying $15 or $20 for a game. I paid $8 for Metro Exodus + its two expansions. Now THAT is some value.

Price vs value is extremely relative, IMO.

I paid 100 something for Stellaris + all the expansions. With 564 hours into it so far, I feel like it was worth the price. An $8 game I play for 30 Minutes and give up was over priced.

Become a Patron!
Back