Disney+ Announces More Ads, Less Content, and Higher Fees as It Plans “One-App Experience” with Hulu Content

I pay the same for cable for 5 years.

Question though - where you're at in the world, you've got choice of several cable providers that can come in over the same physical connection?

Here in the US, the cable company owns the entire infrastructure and does not allow last mile competition, so we get reamed each year (or more frequently) with cost increases because they effectively operate as a monopoly.

The thing with streaming services in my country is that not all that are available in the states are available over here which allowed my cable company to add some of them to a seperate package you have to pay extra for to be able to use (HBO among ohers is on there).

Also I have been able to watch certain shows on netflix that would be on a different service in the USA

In Belgium you can have TV subscriptions (iirc) via Cable via one provider and via the phone lines for the other one and there is a minor player who uses satelite.

There are some additional (mostly mobile) providers who rent space on the other 2's network

Become a Patron!
Back