DisplayPort to DVI-D Dual Link

Ditchinit

Quasi-regular
Not really a screen question, but a cable and/or adapter one.

I'm looking for a solid, known to work, recommendation for an adapter cable that will take a DP 1.4a output to DVI-D Dual Link input. In short, I need to connect my recently purchased EVGA 3090ti to a much older DELL 3007 (2560x1600 DVI-D Dual Link input only). The monitor works just fine and I don't really want to replace it unless or until I absolutely have to. I have a DVI-D Dual Link cable (male-male ends and ~6 ft length) so an adapter would be ideal, although if the conversion can be made via cable, then that would work, too, provided it is 6 ft or longer. Until I find something that works for dual link to provide full resolution, I'm using a plain DP to DVI cable that only provides half resolution (ugh).

There appear to be a lot of cheap (i.e., junk) adapters out on the market right now. Many claim to work, but there is sufficient marketing obfuscation as to whether they provide single link or dual link capability. Some claim they're dual link but reviews state they're actually only single link. And it appears that you can no longer rely on connector pin configuration. In all likelihood that while many have uncommon brand names, they're probably all made at the same factory in China.

I'm familiar with the differences between the various DVI standards. But since this tech is going the way of the dodo, finding reputable hardware support seems challenging. I know some of you have also used older Dell 30" monitors, and you may have run across and solved this same challenge.

Last edited:
I think it would be easier to get a HDMI to DVD-D dual link since no conversión in necesary
Actually I have one and it works at up to 4k60 no problem.

I think it would be easier to get a HDMI to DVD-D dual link since no conversión in necesary
Actually I have one and it works at up to 4k60 no problem.

What kind do you have? My GPU has 3 DP and 1 HDMI out, so I could go that route.

Become a Patron!
Back