Domino’s Launches Its First Self-Driving Pizza Delivery Robot in Houston

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
dominos-nuro-r2-self-driving-pizza-delivery-vehicle-1024x576.jpg
Image: Domino’s Pizza

Popular restaurant chain Domino’s has launched an autonomous delivery service for Houston residents who want to experience the novelty of a robot delivering their greasy meals. The revolutionary service, which is made possible by Nuro’s occupantless on-road delivery vehicle, “R2,” is available to select customers who make an online order from the Woodland Heights location and opt in to receiving their food without the assistance of a human driver. Orders can be retrieved by entering a PIN on the R2 unit’s touchscreen, which gently opens up its doors, revealing the hot meals.

Houston, we have a robot.And that robot is named R2 by @nurobots: a self-driving, pizza-delivering vehicle. And we’re testing it out in Houston, TX.Welcome to the future of pizza delivery...

Continue reading...

Not gonna lie... I would use this and pay an extra couple bucks that would be less than a human drivers tip. At least a couple times for the novelty... then back to human deliveries.

This would be super cool if I liked Domino's.... there is one 2 blocks from me, a quick robot drive.

Not gonna lie... I would use this and pay an extra couple bucks that would be less than a human drivers tip. At least a couple times for the novelty...
Same here.
then back to human deliveries.
Or for me, back to picking up the pizza myself. Cuz in my area, the only Domino's that will deliver to me f*cking sucks, and their drivers are morons. High rates of misplaced deliveries, deliveries that never arrive (or arrive very late), damaged deliveries, and getting orders wrong. I drive to the next closest one, great service and good food, and doesn't take me very long to go and come back. Rather spend the gas than pay a delivery fee/tip/whatever the f*ck additional costs they feel like tacking on, just so I can make sure I get decent-condition food and not have to deal with @ssclowns.

This would be super cool if I liked Domino's....
I only like their pan pizzas. Their regular pizzas are meh. My favorite pizza place is actually a local shop, but they are very expensive, so I only use them once in a while, for special occasions and the like (or if it's been a really long time).

Oh, should go over well, till you get a situation like the Uber that killed a pedestrian in AZ
Our soon to be Dominoes robot overlords. In reality, targets for theft and vandalism because I doubt it'll carry cash. No tip for you!

Jeffrey Dahmer knows.....

I think I'm just bitter. After all the cartoons from my childhood and no flying cars yet, but we can have immature AI that brings late pizza.
Way behind schedule here if you ever seen the Jetsons. Just saying

Never had a Domino's pan pizza.... tell me more....
Only comes in medium size, slightly more expensive than a regular medium, but good gawd, the bread and just the overall taste is worlds above their regular pizza. Also fills me up a lot more, which for me is good, doesn't leave me looking for more food. In fact, rarely can I even finish a whole thing in one go. So I find more value in them. Definitely give their pan pizza a whirl if you've never tried it.

Become a Patron!
Back