DOOM 64 Is Free on the Epic Games Store

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Epic Games Store's latest freebie is DOOM 64, an enhanced version of Midway's take on id Software's legendary FPS franchise that was originally released for the Nintendo 64 in 1997.

Go to post

Geezus.. How many developers have their fingers in this. An Enhanced version (who did this) of Midway's take (code update and modification) of ID Software (the guys and gals who made this.) FPS franchise that was released for the NINTENDO 64?! WTF so instead of just taking the original Doom code and updating it and the textures in it for higher res gameplay they took software written for a Nintendo 64 and updated that?!?

I suppose the original DOOM wasn't 64 bit... so I guess that would be the reason?

Nightdive's version of Doom 64 is a very good game and well worth the $5 is normally costs. I had never played Doom 64 before this remaster in 2020, and I've since played through it twice. F*ckin' love it. A truly awesome Doom game in its own right.

Geezus.. How many developers have their fingers in this. An Enhanced version (who did this) of Midway's take (code update and modification) of ID Software (the guys and gals who made this.) FPS franchise that was released for the NINTENDO 64?! WTF so instead of just taking the original Doom code and updating it and the textures in it for higher res gameplay they took software written for a Nintendo 64 and updated that?!?

I suppose the original DOOM wasn't 64 bit... so I guess that would be the reason?
Doom 64 is actually an original game and sort-of considered the true Doom 3. Doom 2016 then supposedly takes place after that.

Check out these two videos:
1.)
(Time stamp is at 50:37)

2.)

Become a Patron!
Back