DOOM Eternal Composer Mick Gordon Won’t Work With Bethesda Again Due to Awful Soundtrack Mix

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
doom-eternal-doom-slayer-swords-1024x576.jpg
Image: id Software/Bethesda Softworks

Bethesda and id Software are probably planning a sequel to the incredibly successful DOOM Eternal as we speak, but they’ll have to find someone other than Mick Gordon to compose the soundtrack.

Gordon, who was responsible for the previous scores, suggested that he would never work with Bethesda or id again following a fan’s inquiry into why the official DOOM Eternal soundtrack was mixed so terribly. Apparently, Gordon was barely involved and only produced a few tracks, such as “Meathook” and “Command and Control.”

I didn’t mix those and wouldn’t have done that. You’ll be able to spot the small handful of tracks I mixed (Meathook, Command and Control...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's such a shame that there was a fallout during the development of this game soundtrack. The DOOM 2016 soundtrack was amazing, and Mick was widely lauded for it. It's quite shocking that the relationship seems to have soured, especially after the positive work experience he had with them creating the DOOM 16' soundtrack.

I loved the 2016 soundtrack, I still play a few track from time to time.
I noticed that the music wasn't as good as in Doom 2016, but I didn't realized it was that bad! (I didn't listen to it outside of the game)

Become a Patron!
Back