DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods

Armenius

FPS Regular
The first part in a story DLC for DOOM Eternal was finally revealed, with a teaser trailer pointing to a full reveal on August 27. Unfortunately it doesn't fill in the gap between 2016 and Eternal.

Doom Eternal was "meh". I really enjoyed the 2016 game, but never bothered finishing Doom Eternal. What turns me off to it is the emphasis on platforming. Ammunition seems woefully limited so that you end up having to dispatch enemies through other means more often than you should. The Doom formula has evolved in surprising and disappointing ways in my opinion.

Doom Eternal was "meh". I really enjoyed the 2016 game, but never bothered finishing Doom Eternal. What turns me off to it is the emphasis on platforming. Ammunition seems woefully limited so that you end up having to dispatch enemies through other means more often than you should. The Doom formula has evolved in surprising and disappointing ways in my opinion.

Agreed. The jumping from ledge to ledge and swinging like a gymnast got old.

I started playing and I also noticed the platforming and its definitely a big hassle, not sure who decided on that but all they had to do was copy/paste 2016 Doom but game devs have definitely been coming up with some stupid ideas lately.

Become a Patron!
Back