Dr. Lisa Su Speaks about Big Technology and High Performance Gaming for AMD in 2020

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Lisa-Su-1024x576.jpg

President and CEO of AMD, Dr. Lisa Su, took a moment recently to speak about AMD’s plans for 2020. Covering a number of topics ranging from market opportunities and technological investments, to something a few of us are interested in, high performance gaming, she spoke with CRN. It is a short piece with very few specific details but does reinforce that AMD is staying the course in 2020.

From new opportunities to the biggest technology investments, AMD CEO @LisaSu joins @CRN to detail why 2020 will be “the year of high-performance computing”.— AMD (@AMD) March 2, 2020

AMD and their channel partners see great...

Continue reading...

That was saying a whole lot and marketing speak. I suppose it fits the target audience. But there was literally nothing of substance offered in what she said. I would have liked to have seen some actual substantive statements.

That was total bullschizzle.
Why didn't she just say: "we're going to make some new stuff this year and it won't suck"
"blah blah,leverage.....blah blah exciting.....blah blah blah.

I guess they are at a juntion where releasing details is a bad idea, especially for gpus.

Exactly the kind of statement a CEO needs to make for shareholders.

It wasn’t a product release, which is a bit disappointing, but I don’t think all product releases need to be done by the CEO either

It was always unlikely she was going to give many details for this. It was mere days before their financial analyst day 2020 which is where many expected those kind of reveals.

Become a Patron!
Back