Dragon Age: The Veilguard Unveils PC Requirements and Pre-Order Bonuses Ahead of October 31 Release for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Dragon Age: The Veilguard, a new installment of the fantasy RPG series from BioWare that will allow players to step into the shoes of a fully customizable protagonist and team up with several companions in a quest to fight for the future of Thedas, is coming to PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via the EA App, Epic Games Store, and Steam as a Deck Verified title, EA has announced.

See full article...

Still not sure what to think about this one.

I can't say that there's anything I don't like about it with respect to the trailer - but how a Dragon Age game plays makes all the difference (and I liked all of them).

I expect a milktoast dumbed down barely RPG updated for "modern audiences" i.e: preachy morally evil characters that the writers intended as good. A lot of self inserts, and imports of real world issues, with strictly one sided representation. Oh and of course androgynous characters to stick it to the evil male gaze and at the same time please trans activists who are 0.01% of the gaming audience.

Gameplay wise you don't even get squad control, so it is hardly dragon age. They overtly said in an interview that you (the player) are too dumb to control more than one character. nvm. that that was the essence of DA that you get to switch between active team members and even define their behavior when you are not in control. No, you get none of that here.

I expect there'll be a lot more shown for this next week at GamesCom and on the flipside the release isn't that far off so either way we'll know more soon enough.

Become a Patron!
Back