Dragonflight: Blizzard’s Latest World of Warcraft Expansion Lets Players Ride and Become Dragons

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Complementing today's Wrath of the Lich King Classic announcement is the reveal for Dragonflight, the ninth expansion for Blizzard's long-running World of Warcraft MMORPG. Those of you who have dreamed of taking to the skies of Azeroth by mounting a dragon should really enjoy this one, as Dragonflight will let players do exactly that with the addition of a new Dragonriding skill.

Go to post

Can someone explain to me why people are still playing this game? Do they still charge a monthly fee for it? Are people still paying that sh1t?! I never did understand MMOs. When they first came around I thought they were a fad that was gonna disappear relatively quickly. Boy was I wrong.

Can someone explain to me why people are still playing this game? Do they still charge a monthly fee for it? Are people still paying that sh1t?! I never did understand MMOs. When they first came around I thought they were a fad that was gonna disappear relatively quickly. Boy was I wrong.
I still play and yes there is still a monthly fee, though if you want you can pay for it with in game money.

You are not that wrong though, most MMO's never got very far, but some have survived.

I still play and yes there is still a monthly fee, though if you want you can pay for it with in game money.

You are not that wrong though, most MMO's never got very far, but some have survived.
I too play and I too use in-game money to pay for my time currently. How much longer that will hold up? About another 12 months or so and then I'll decide what to do next.

I used to be into Warcraft. The community got a bit too much for me and I left a few years ago. Once you get past all the story and questing (which was done almost entirely solo and never took terribly long for any given xpac), anything grouped seemed to revolve around a damage meter addon and if you had the latest version of BossMods, and nothing else really mattered.

Haven't really looked back, doesn't look like the game has really went in any direction I'd care to get back to and no shortage of other games to waste my money and time on.

The game went south when Hozzikostas took over, imo.

Become a Patron!
Back