Driver Live-Action Series Gets Dropped but Ubisoft Says It Still Has Other Plans for the Franchise

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
It's been discovered that a Driver live-action series is no longer in development but apparently, there's still hope for the franchise. Don't feel confused if you didn't know that a Driver live-action series was in the works given the tsunami of streaming and theatrical videogame adaptations announced over the last ten years only to sputter into nothingness.

See full article...

Good times, Driver 1 and 2 were great, fantastic tunes, I even had the driver keyring :D Then came GTA.....
They would have had to do a lot of work to try and nail the series and capture the atmosphere of the games.

They just dropped a driver related video on their long dead youtube channel, so I suspected something was up.

The video is nothing special just a few devs talking about Driver3 development. But I don't believe it is a coincidence.

I'm about 80-20 for either a Driver 3 remaster, or a new game in the works.

I'd like a new game but the lack of commitment details from the developers and Ubisoft has me doubting anything modern is in the works. Likely something made for DX10 that will somehow be shoehorned into DX12 via UE5 with some awful-looking graphics. I really, really, want to be wrong about this though.

Oh man, that's a bummer about the Driver series getting dropped! I had no idea they were even working on a live-action version. But hey, if Ubisoft says they still have plans for the franchise, I’m staying hopeful. Maybe we'll see a new game or something else cool in the future. With all the video game adaptations floating around, it's hard to keep track of what's happening, so I guess it's not too surprising this one flew under the radar. Fingers crossed for some exciting Driver news soon!

Become a Patron!
Back