DualSense Edge Wireless Controller for PS5 Launches Globally on January 26 for $199.99

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
PlayStation has announced that its DualSense Edge Wireless controller will be available to purchase globally beginning on January 26 for $199.99.

Go to post

$200 for a controller? That thing better **** well play the whole game itself for that price!

It's competing against the Xbox Elite, which is also about $200, and the custom "Pro" controllers like Scuf, which are around $250.

Not something you get for the professional Minecraft sort.

It's competing against the Xbox Elite, which is also about $200
You can get them for just over $150 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SFKTLZM/?tag=thefpsreview-20

EDIT: Forgot to say that $70 is already too much for a controller to me. During the previous generations I usually paid no more than $40 for a controller (and often you could find bundles where for that price the Xbox controllers also came with the Microsoft rechargeable battery). Of course those dang Switch Pro Controllers were $70. Sometimes you could find them on sale for $60, but it took some years before they were seen for $50. That's how it goes with Nintendo stuff though, the sales are absolutely pathetic, especially with the software. But yeah I still consider $40 to be the normal price for a first-party controller.

I was used to seeing insaaaane prices for arcade stick controllers, but with the first-gen Elite controllers Microsoft decided to give that price range a try for more normal controllers. Now Sony wants to give it a whirl. The Xbox Elite controllers are really nice, but definitely not worth their price.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back