Dying Light 2 Developers Provide Technical Updates

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
dying-light-2-media-file-image-1024x576.jpg
Image: Techland

Wccftech recently interviewed Techland about Dying Light 2. Techland said that moving to C-Engine has allowed a number of improvements such as ray tracing, DLSS, city exploration without loading screens, and better use of multi-core processors. The AI in C-Engine has allowed more complex, realistic character behavior and more diverse crowd deployment. New city builder technology allowed Techland to build a map that is estimated to be four times bigger than the original game.

We’ve upgraded almost every core system of the engine. The new Game Components system allows us to pack a magnitude of objects into the levels. The World Streaming technology lets players explore our vast city without loading screens. We’ve upgraded our physics engine to the Bullet Physics featured in some of the most popular open world blockbusters. The brand-new animation and...

Continue reading...

I cannot wait for the new game, I love this series

I'm looking forward to this one as well.

Open world single player FPS titles with minor RPG elements have always been among my favorites.

I just hope they don't muck it up with "always online", or other multiplayer crap.

Become a Patron!
Back