Dying Light 2 Will Take 500 Hours to “Fully Complete,” but Main Story Reportedly Lasts Only 20 Hours

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
dying-light-2-stay-human-key-art-logo-1024x576.jpg
Image: Techland

Techland has shared excellent news for Dying Light fans who were hoping to spend a lot of time with its upcoming sequel.

As noted in new promotional materials shared on its official Twitter account, Dying Light 2: Stay Human is supposedly packed with so much content that it will take players 500 hours to complete the game. The developer also pointed out that it would take 534 hours for a player to walk from Warsaw to Madrid, alluding to a game with a massive map and open world.

To fully complete Dying Light 2 Stay Human, you'll need at least 500 hours—almost as long as it would take to walk from Warsaw to Madrid!#DyingLight2 #stayhuman...

Continue reading...

To be frank, that's bullshit. That's a lot of side content which is usually bland filler. Cyberpunk 2077 did a decent job with it, but even then the whole game takes only about 120 hours to do everything. Most open world games are too bland and generic to sustain that kind of play time. I'm expecting boring MMO style fetch quests out of this. 500 hours is just too much.

Yea 500 hours of gameplay makes me think of a game that has a truckload of fetch quests on the other side of the map that only unlock once you do the first one and go back... so you're constantly having to go back and forth over the map to get them done.

And unless they have some very good quest tracking that 500 hours is going to be difficult to track and complete. Maybe it's just people getting lost and confused?

LOL, anyone can put in repetitive boring collection quests, that is no feat. And the fact that they choose this to boast about tells me they really don't get it. This will be a bargain bin game just as the first one was. Of course it takes 5 billion hours to do anything if the damned weapons brake every 10 hits.

The fact that the main story can be completed in 20 hours and you have another 480 hours of fetch quests and lower quality missions speaks volumes for the design of this game. Bargain bin for sure.

To be frank, that's bullshit. That's a lot of side content which is usually bland filler. Cyberpunk 2077 did a decent job with it, but even then the whole game takes only about 120 hours to do everything. Most open world games are too bland and generic to sustain that kind of play time. I'm expecting boring MMO style fetch quests out of this. 500 hours is just too much.

I think it will depend.

I did just about every side quest in the original Dying Light, and I was still kind of into it and disappointed when the game ended. I wanted more.

If they do as good of a job with this, it could be great.

Of course, the odds are it will be bland filler, because that is what usually happens, but you never know...

My wife is playing through 1 now. I keep hearing random bouts of profanity when she can't make a jump. She loves it.

I didn't care for it - just not my cup of tea.

My wife is playing through 1 now. I keep hearing random bouts of profanity when she can't make a jump. She loves it.

I didn't think I was going to like it. I usually find Zombie crap preposterous. Then I played it and found it to be very well made.

Because the game is crap. I don't know who had come up with the idea that you have to look directly at the ledge otherwise you don't make the jump. I never got used to that, even after wasting hours with the game before finally having had enough of the backtracking and grindiness of it.

Because the game is crap. I don't know who had come up with the idea that you have to look directly at the ledge otherwise you don't make the jump. I never got used to that, even after wasting hours with the game before finally having had enough of the backtracking and grindiness of it.
I did not mind the jumping too much, the constant breaking of weapons was annoying though, and iron pipe should be able to crack more then 2 zombie skulls
1641915204140.png

I did not mind the jumping too much, the constant breaking of weapons was annoying though, and iron pipe should be able to crack more then 2 zombie skulls
Yeah, that is exactly why I stopped playing the game. The jumping was just a mild inconvenience compared.

Become a Patron!
Back