E3 2020 Is About to Be Canceled, according to Devolver Digital and Other Game Industry Insiders

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
e3-2018-logo-1-1024x576.jpg
Image: E3

This isn’t exactly a surprise to anyone who’s been paying attention to the fate of recent conventions, but E3 2020, the largest gaming expo of the year, is hours away from being canceled due to the Coronavirus.

That’s according to Devolver Digital, publisher of the Serious Sam and Shadow Warrior series. “Cancel your E3 flights and hotels, y’all,” it tweeted.

Cancel your E3 flights and hotels, y’all.— Devolver Digital (@devolverdigital) March 11, 2020

While Devolver Digital are known jokesters (check out their fake E3 press conferences), Kotaku’s Jason Schreier tweeted back and said that he had also heard “secondhand whispers” from...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I fully expect this to cancel most large gathering conferences for the remainder of this year.

I fully expect this to cancel most large gathering conferences for the remainder of this year.

On the plus side, I bought a plane ticket with 6 days in advance for ATL-EWR and back for $206... that's unheard of...

On the plus side, I bought a plane ticket with 6 days in advance for ATL-EWR and back for $206... that's unheard of...
Not really the same thing but I booked two tickets last week for June DFW-DTW at $300 total. All that spare money goes to libations, going to be one sloppy LAN party.

A co-worker told me the other day that a friend of theirs booked a round trip ticket to Hawaii for around $300.

Not really the same thing but I booked two tickets last week for June DFW-DTW at $300 total. All that spare money goes to libations, going to be one sloppy LAN party.

That's a pretty fantastic price for that trip, especially how proud Delta is of its seats flying ex-DTW.

Everything is going to trickle down now I believe. With the NBA suspending their season and some cities not allowing large groups to gather this was inevitable.

Become a Patron!
Back