EA Cancels Titanfall Single-Player Game: Sources

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Ubisoft isn't the only gaming giant that's canceling some of its potentially acclaimed projects. According to sources with Bloomberg, Electronic Arts has pulled the plug on Titanfall Legends, a single-player game set in the universe shared by the Titanfall games and Apex Legends, Respawn Entertainment's free-to-play battle royale shooter. Fans of Titanfall who have been demanding a new installment of the mecha-inspired franchise continue to blame EA for Titanfall 2's disappointing sales, having released the acclaimed but poorly timed game right next to Battlefield 1 (October 21) and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (November 4) on October 28, 2016.

See full article...

While I hate to see publisher being against single player games as those are the only games I've been playing in the past 15 years. I also have to say that I tried titanfall 2 and it is wildly overrated. It is an average shooter that I didn't even finish due to a lack of interesting plot and very linear gameplay.

I also have to say that I tried titanfall 2 and it is wildly overrated. It is an average shooter that I didn't even finish due to a lack of interesting plot and very linear gameplay.
That's saying a lot cuz that game is short as f*ck.

That's saying a lot cuz that game is short as f*ck.
I can say I finished it - I normally don't like parkour games at all, but this game was short enough and you spent enough time in the mech that the wall-running didn't drive me completely bonkers before the game was over.

They must be rolling in the dough on the Battle Royale - I hate to see that game style get re-enforced at the expense of single player games.

Yeah I liked the Mech parts of TF2, not so much with the pilot running around doing wall jumps etc. I still would have been interested in another one, but not like $69 interested.

Yeah I liked the Mech parts of TF2, not so much with the pilot running around doing wall jumps etc. I still would have been interested in another one, but not like $69 interested.
Yeah it was a good $4.99 impulse buy. Would be a horrible $69.99 buy.

Become a Patron!
Back