EA Rumored to Unveil New Dead Space Game on July 22

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
dead-space-2-key-art-helmet-1024x576.jpg
Image: Visceral Games

It’s been nearly a decade since Visceral Games released its last installment of Dead Space, but the sci-fi survival horror franchise could be back sooner than expected. This is based on ongoing comments made by GamesBeat journalist Jeff Grubb, who mentioned during a video stream on Friday that EA would be announcing the revival of “an established IP” during its upcoming Play Live showcase, which is slated for July 22. While such a claim would normally invite various possibilities, Grubb has added a level of specificity by teasing that “we’re going to see it…if we’re not dead first.” Dead Space 4 was reportedly canceled by EA in 2013 due to poor sales of the third installment.

Grubb previously stated that EA’s Motive studio was working on “an established IP” revival. “I think you’ll be happy,” he said. On Tuesday, he teased: “we’re going to...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sort of excited for this. I love the story of DS and have all three of the originals. I'm probably one of the few who doesn't totally hate on the last one. My only real complaint, and it applies to all, is all the backtracking in them. It has totally killed any re-playability for me with them. I've tried many times. The stories are just awesome though. Here's hoping for the best.

Become a Patron!
Back