EEC Filing Alludes to Eight ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 7900 Series Graphics Cards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ASUS has already teased its first Radeon RX 7000 Series graphics cards in the form of the TUF Gaming Radeon RX 7900 XTX and Radeon RX 7900 XT, but, perhaps unsurprisingly, premium ROG Strix models are also in the pipeline at the manufacturer, according to a new EEC filing that alludes to a number of new custom options.

See full article...

Nice... 8?! WTF... Isn't that a bit overkill unless binning for these is all over the place.

Nice... 8?! WTF... Isn't that a bit overkill unless binning for these is all over the place.
Nah, this is the same company that has like 16 SKUs for a single chipset.

It'll be 3 lines - TUF, Strix, and non-specific.

Each line has at least 2-3 variants: mild OC, aggressive factory OC, and some super cooling edition with either a hydro block or AIO

That's your 8 right there, easy.

(I agree, it's totally ridiculous, especially when the TUF and Strix are essentially the same thing with just a slightly different look / stickers)

Nah, this is the same company that has like 16 SKUs for a single chipset.

It'll be 3 lines - TUF, Strix, and non-specific.

Each line has at least 2-3 variants: mild OC, aggressive factory OC, and some super cooling edition with either a hydro block or AIO

That's your 8 right there, easy.

(I agree, it's totally ridiculous, especially when the TUF and Strix are essentially the same thing with just a slightly different look / stickers)
Don't forget half will be 7900XT and the other 7900XTX

I don't care for factory-overclocked cards anymore. I keep my cards in use for a long time and they're more likely to develop late-life issues, while the overclock is mostly wasted early on. I think there used to be more headroom in the past, and also cards weren't so power hungry.

Become a Patron!
Back