Elon Musk Nears Deal to Buy Twitter for $43 Billion: Report

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Twitter is extremely close to accepting Elon Musk's lucrative offer to buy the social media company for $43 billion in cash, according to a new report from Reuters. The deal, which is worth around $54.20 per share, could be announced as early as today.

Go to post

I wonder how he is going to pay for it. It's not like he has 43 billion in cash. And if he starts dumping Tesla shares it can potentially pop that bubble.

The only way I see this happening is if they agree on some kind of exchange, tesla shares for twitter shares. Or if there are other investors backing him who actually have that kind of liquidity.

I wonder how he is going to pay for it. It's not like he has 43 billion in cash. And if he starts dumping Tesla shares it can potentially pop that bubble.

The only way I see this happening is if they agree on some kind of exchange, tesla shares for twitter shares. Or if there are other investors backing him who actually have that kind of liquidity.
Could be a bit of A and a bit of B.

Twitter stonk to the moon!

_103330503_musk3.jpg

Looks like he came up with 25B in loans (borrowed against his stock) and 20B in equity (cash - likely sale of his stocks, but who knows, maybe his crypto paid off?).

*edit - corrected my numbers and adding a source.

Become a Patron!
Back