Embracer Sees “Great Potential” in Sequels, Remakes, and Remasters from Tomb Raider and Deus Ex Studios

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Embracer Group has shared a new investors report that teases the sort of projects that Crystal Dynamics and Eidos-Montréal will likely be tasked with following the Swedish holding company's agreement of acquiring them from Square Enix for the bargain price of $300 million earlier this month.

Go to post

If there is any game that needs a remake is the original deus ex. It's combat and gameplay is just too clunky and aged very badly. Just don't touch the story and the VO. It might be cheesy, but without that it wouldn't be the same.

for the bargain price of $300 million earlier this month. In a passage regarding what’s been described as a “transformative year,” Embracer acknowledges that it sees “great potential” in not only sequels but also “remakes, remasters, [and] spinoffs” from its new studios

These IPs / studios woke / poor perf history does not agree with this assertion, though (not just in gaming but in ALL their segments, what was the last TR movie box office numbers again 😏), that lead to SE overall saying - enough is ENOUGH!

Remember Cyrstal Dynamics TressFX shenanigans

Crystal Dynamics catering (caving) to its feminists' cries about Lara's looks, etc. for all three installments.

SotTR is still broken, LoD issues, etc., today

CD's final nail in the coffin for Marvel's Avengers debacle

Edios butchering DX's story and abandoning its PC port

Same as CD, Edios bowing down to the woke mob (and now, Edios has activated a 4-day, but paid for 5-days, work week. I wonder, how would Embracer approach that stance moving forward 🤔)

Edios (and CD) full steam ahead message for their androgynous protagonists' "representation-inclusion" campaign that would likely hit Embracer head-on.

On and on!

I believe the only benefit that Embracer has gained from this acquisition is, EM and CD studio's locations and they both have much better art/level designers compared to what Embracer has now.

Honestly I'm kind of hoping for a tomb raider game where they bring back the sexy confident protagonist again. Doesn't need fake book jiggle or anything but modern engine with a sexy adult look again would be nice.

These IPs / studios woke / poor perf history does not agree with this assertion, though (not just in gaming but in ALL their segments, what was the last TR movie box office numbers again 😏), that lead to SE overall saying - enough is ENOUGH!
The last Tomb Raider movie performed slightly worse than the first 2001 movie, but much better than cradle of life at the box office. And in my opinion it is far superior to the Jolie flicks.
Remember Cyrstal Dynamics TressFX shenanigans
No
Crystal Dynamics catering (caving) to its feminists' cries about Lara's looks, etc. for all three installments.
It wasn't feminists cries, gamergate started in 2014, and sarkeesian rode that wave to her 15 minutes of fame. The Tomb Raider reboot came out in 2013, so the timeline doesn't add up. Nobody cared about what feminists wanted before 2014 in gaming.
SotTR is still broken, LoD issues, etc., today
LOL, I mean you can hate the game, but this is jumping the shark category.
CD's final nail in the coffin for Marvel's Avengers debacle
And who is to blame for that? Oh, yes Sqenix who made them do uninspired trash because they got the rights from marvel for avengers.
Edios butchering DX's story and abandoning its PC port
Are you referring to the mobile game, that nobody wanted? I wonder whose idea was it to make Deus Ex into a phone game, hm. Was it perhaps Square Enix jumping headfirst for the actual investor buzzword, "mobile games" like they are now doing with blockchain and nft?
Same as CD, Edios bowing down to the woke mob (and now, Edios has activated a 4-day, but paid for 5-days, work week. I wonder, how would Embracer approach that stance moving forward 🤔)
Except it was demonstrated that both employee satisfaction and productivity increases with a 4 day work week in jobs that require creativity and thinking. But let's rigidly hold on to an archaic tradition instead because we can't let other people have it better than us, can we?
Edios (and CD) full steam ahead message for their androgynous protagonists' "representation-inclusion" campaign that would likely hit Embracer head-on.
Yes, because this is clearly better: lara-croft.jpg Than this: sha.jpg

LOL, I wonder how can we deal with so much androgyny.

Last edited:

The last Tomb Raider movie performed slightly worse than the first 2001 movie, but much better than cradle of life at the box office. And in my opinion it is far superior to the Jolie flicks.

No

It wasn't feminists cries, gamergate started in 2014, and sarkeesian rode that wave to her 15 minutes of fame. The Tomb Raider reboot came out in 2013, so the timeline doesn't add up. Nobody cared about what feminists wanted before 2014 in gaming.

LOL, I mean you can hate the game, but this is jumping the shark category.

And who is to blame for that? Oh, yes Sqenix who made them do uninspired trash because they got the rights from marvel for avengers.

Are you referring to the mobile game, that nobody wanted? I wonder whose idea was it to make Deus Ex into a phone game, hm. Was it perhaps Square Enix jumping headfirst for the actual investor buzzword, "mobile games" like they are now doing with blockchain and nft?

Except it was demonstrated that both employee satisfaction and productivity increases with a 4 day work week in jobs that require creativity and thinking. But let's rigidly hold on to an archaic tradition instead because we can't let other people have it better than us, can we?

Yes, because this is clearly better: View attachment 1621 Than this: View attachment 1622

LOL, I wonder how can we deal with so much androgyny.
1. Personal opinion means sniz over factual numbers 😂🤣😂

2. Searching is your friend 🙄

3. Wokeness has always been there in dormant

4. How is that even possible? Jump a shark? 😂🤣😂

Wrong metaphor. Steam, Reddit, Discord forums, etc. are full with these discussions. Just take your pick. 😂

5. Yeah, because it was SE fault for developing MA's that resorted to CTD, stuck enemies/NPCs in doors/floors, visual issues, every new patch brought even more bugs, gameplay issues galore, taking looOOnng holiday breaks (over 3-months) and coming back not fixing anything, etc. 🙄

6. As no.4 suggestion.

7. Demonstrated by whom and what makes that obligated to a new owner to support?! 😏

8. Watch out for that Adam's apple, bOyEee!
😂🤣😂

Last edited:
1. Personal opinion means sniz over factual numbers 😂🤣😂
Did you confuse the copium bottle with laughing gas?
Then it's a good thing I guess, that I referenced actual numbers, before adding my personal opinion.
But here, I'm going to cite them here, so you don't even have to lift a finger:
Tomb Raider 2001: 275 million (390 adjusted for inflation)
Tomb Raider 2003: 156 million (212 adjusted for inflation)
Tomb Raider 2018: 275 million

So it made more money than the previous movie when wokism wasn't even a thing.
2. Searching is your friend
Uhm, you asked do you remember. I said no. How is searching the internet remembering?
3. Wokeness has always been there in dormant
I could swear someone just told me personal opinion means sniz over facts.
And if it's dormant it could not influence the product anyway.
4. How is that even possible? Jump a shark?
Really, you never heard that phrase? That tells a story of how well informed you are.
Jumping the shark means going into the realm of the idiotic or absurd. In this case for you it should be interpreted as I've been taking your arguments seriously until this point, but that was no longer possible in this case.
Wrong metaphor. Steam, Reddit, Discord forums, etc. are full with these discussions. Just take your pick.
I wasn't using metaphors so I don't know what are you talking about. Perhaps it would help if you actually quoted the part you are responding to.
5. Yeah, because it was SE fault for developing MA's that resorted to CTD, stuck enemies/NPCs in doors/floors, visual issues, every new patch brought even more bugs, gameplay issues galore, taking looOOnng holiday breaks (over 3-months) and coming back not fixing anything, etc.
I guess you never heard of publishers pushing for an early release of games, right? What an unheard of concept!
As for 3 month holiday breaks, I searched the net but couldn't find any mention of holidays and eidos in the same context, so I'm just going to assume it is hearsay some disgruntled avengers players perpetuated.
6. As no.4 suggestion.
What does jumping the shark has to do with Deus Ex PC port being abandoned? Again, I'm not sure what are you even responding to.
7. Demonstrated by whom and what makes that obligated to a new owner to support?
Microsoft among others, but of course whoever I'm going to cite you'd just dismiss it as untrustworthy based on no evidence of your own.

What makes the new owner obligated is this little thing called employment contract, which they can't just change without the employee's mutual agreement. Sure they can choose to let the people go, who refuse to go back to 5 days, but only with full benefits and severance pay.
8. Watch out for that Adam's apple, bOyEee!
Boy, we have a bona fide biology expert here. The esophagus is not an Adam's apple.

Edit:I Removed all the stupid smiley faces, because it made the post look really bad.

Become a Patron!
Back