EVGA Announces X570 FTW WIFI Motherboard for AMD Ryzen Processors

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
evga-x570-ftw-motherboard-with-logos-1024x576.jpg
Image: EVGA

EVGA has announced a second, cheaper AM4 motherboard called the X570 FTW WIFI for AMD Ryzen users who think the X570 DARK’s feature set might be overkill for their needs. The new motherboard carries a similar aesthetic as its pricier sibling but lacks some of its specialized features such as a 17-phase digital VRM and rotated CPU and memory slots. Still, users can expect all of the usuals such as PCIe 4.0 support and compatibility with premium DDR4 memory.

Image: EVGA

From EVGA:

The EVGA X570 FTW WIFI is a motherboard built upon the AMD X570 chipset to provide everything you need while giving you the performance you demand...

Continue reading...

Meh,

I'm still of the opinion that Wifi belongs nowhere near a desktop motherboard.

Cost is low, demand is high... it's hard not to include a WiFi module (that also brings Bluetooth) on any board that isn't a result of focused penny-pinching.

Meh,

I'm still of the opinion that Wifi belongs nowhere near a desktop motherboard.
Remember when Network cards didn't belong anywhere near a desktop motherboard?
Remember when Audio cards didn't belong anywhere near a desktop motherboard?
Remember when I/O cards didn't belong anywhere near a desktop motherboard?
Remember when Math Co-processors didn't belong anywhere near a CPU?

TuKf61l.jpg

Remember when Network cards didn't belong anywhere near a desktop motherboard?
Remember when Audio cards didn't belong anywhere near a desktop motherboard?
Remember when I/O cards didn't belong anywhere near a desktop motherboard?
Remember when Math Co-processors didn't belong anywhere near a CPU?

I don't remember ever saying or thinking that. All of those were great additions that expanded the capability of the desktop PC.

Wifi is a HUGE downgrade over wired Ethernet. Nothing that is stationary should ever use it.

I don't remember ever saying or thinking that. All of those were great additions that expanded the capability of the desktop PC.

Wifi is a HUGE downgrade over wired Ethernet. Nothing that is stationary should ever use it.

Well, then how about quit pissing and just use the......oh I don't know:

• Ethernet – 1x Intel® Gigabit NIC

You should be happy though....it has a PS2 port still for......reasons...

Whatever. Doing what every other motherboard manufacturer did 2 years before you isn't anything to brag about... You really want to impress me? Make an X570 bored for Alder Lake!

Can someone tell me when a 500 dollar motherboard became budget friendly? If I'm dropping 500 stepping up to a dark isn't a big ask. Still seems overly pricey.

$500 for the "cheaper" motherboard. No thanks unless it's gold plated.

I don't think I have spent more than $300 on a motherboard, EVER. Going back to the 486 days when I started building. Nowadays that number is under $200.

$500 for the "cheaper" motherboard. No thanks unless it's gold plated.

I don't think I have spent more than $300 on a motherboard, EVER. Going back to the 486 days when I started building. Nowadays that number is under $200.

I think I'd pass even if it were gold plated. I have no need for gold plated components :p

Become a Patron!
Back