Evga FX 5900 Ultra

ThreeDee

Semi-regular
I have a friend with a dead evga GTX 1070. I had to twist his arm to give me his card so I could RMA it for him (only 121 days left on warranty). I like the guy, but if he doesn't know how to do something, he procrastinates or doesn't do it all so that's why I threatened to beat him up so he can get his video card fixed ...

anyways ..

I haven't logged into Evga's site in I don't know how long and while registering his card to perform the RMA, I seen my old FX 5900 Ultra listed (only other evga card that I have ever registered). Brought back some memories.

I was super excited to get that card at the time .. until I got it .. it wouldn't run at stock speeds .. and even severely down clocking it, it wouldn't run stable.

Ah well .. just a throw back post I suppose.

I never had one of the FX 5xxx cards; I bought a PowerColor Radeon 9600 XT in that era instead which was a very nice mid range card for the time. Once Unreal Tournament 2004 and Doom 3 came out though, I upgraded to a passively cooled (!) Gigabyte Geforce 6600GT. Man that thing was a serious upgrade.

I still have both cards, both in perfect working order too.

Good times.

I have a friend with a dead evga GTX 1070. I had to twist his arm to give me his card so I could RMA it for him (only 121 days left on warranty). I like the guy, but if he doesn't know how to do something, he procrastinates or doesn't do it all so that's why I threatened to beat him up so he can get his video card fixed ...

anyways ..

I haven't logged into Evga's site in I don't know how long and while registering his card to perform the RMA, I seen my old FX 5900 Ultra listed (only other evga card that I have ever registered). Brought back some memories.

I was super excited to get that card at the time .. until I got it .. it wouldn't run at stock speeds .. and even severely down clocking it, it wouldn't run stable.

Ah well .. just a throw back post I suppose.

View attachment 12
You made the wrong choice that generation, just messing with you. I saw my x800xt pe in my warranty screen with Sapphire. Was crazy lol

Become a Patron!
Back