EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti Kingpin to Feature Dual 12-Pin Power Connectors, Allows for Up to 1,275 Watts of Power Consumption

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
evga-geforce-rtx-3090-kingpin-gpu-box-1024x576.jpg
Image: EVGA

A member of the QuasarZone forums has shared some information regarding one of EVGA’s upcoming flagship graphics cards, the GeForce RTX 3090 Ti Kingpin.

According to the user, the EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti Kingpin will feature not one, but dual 12-pin (PCIe 5.0) power connectors instead of the 3x PCIe 8-pin setup used in the majority of premium graphics cards on today’s market. Publications such as VideoCardz have pointed out that this configuration theoretically allows for a maximum power consumption of 1,275 watts, which is over three times higher than the average demands of the standard GeForce RTX 3090...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the only thing better than 1 is 2.

This thing might be able to push a 600W envelope, but I don't think it would be by much. Even a triple rad is going to have problems rejecting that much heat - and that's assuming that the block is adequate and the heat density on the various points of generation on card don't break the laws of physics.

Are any PSUs going to support dual 12-pin connectors? I guess you still have the 3 or 4 people in the world trying to run SLI.

I’m pretty sure a block like this is what you’re looking for:

Probably need to be planning on using a Mo-Ra or something equally outlandish though.

Sheesh... I guess we will all be rocking 2000w power supplies in our future monster rigs.

Yeah, I don't think my 750w is going to cut it for much longer.
Depends on what GPU you need. Sure enough though that most flagship cards moving forward are going to need a lot. Rumors for the 4090 are 450W-650W.

Sheesh... I guess we will all be rocking 2000w power supplies in our future monster rigs.
Makes me glad I bumped up to 1000-1200 years ago. Back then it was because I was rocking SLI and Physx plus OCing everything and sometimes a bunch of platters. I decided to commit to replacing like for like when needed. It's been so nice not having to worry about it for a while. Kingpin is completely unobtainable for me so I won't worry about that.

Probably sounds like overkill for some but if investing in that thing and all that's needed for it, it's probably a good idea to add a reservoir and if that rad is 360 upgrade it to 480. That block that @Burticus found looks like a perfect beast to compliment the full overhaul. With all that I wouldn't be surprised if clocks got close to ln2 performance.

Honestly you're going to want dual power supplies with different circuits feeding each one with that kind of draw otherwise your poor power socket will be overloaded when you actually hammer the system. Probably independent UPSs as well. Most home setups are capped around 20amps if memory serves.

Honestly you're going to want dual power supplies with different circuits feeding each one with that kind of draw otherwise your poor power socket will be overloaded when you actually hammer the system. Probably independent UPSs as well. Most home setups are capped around 20amps if memory serves.
Too true. I forgot about some of the same issues I was running into a couple years back when I had my 4930K rig with a 2080 Ti, plus 65" Z9D, and 7.1 1000W all plugged into the same UPS. Now granted it is a high rated UPS and I almost never fully crank that receiver all the way up, but with all the overclocked things that UPS started to make noise after a few hours when it was draining from the battery. Eventually got a 2nd one just for the rig and put it on another outlet and all has been fine since. I can also see what you're saying about running a 2nd PSU with stuff like this. What an insane world we live in where a gaming rig might need something like that just for one GPU.

Become a Patron!
Back